Author Topic: GSX and P3D v2 Start up issues  (Read 4027 times)

bigmack

GSX and P3D v2 Start up issues
« on: December 05, 2013, 08:03:51 pm »
Why do GSX keep saying "Repositioning airport cache" so long after starting? Also I get message asking the update FSX even though I'm in P3D sim. Then when I press cntrl F12 I get GSX services in unavailable.

Bill M

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and P3D v2 Start up issues
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 09:52:26 pm »
Do you run both FSX and P3D on the same Windows installation ? If yes, that's normal because, the GSX Scenery cache is shared so, each time you switch between the two sim, its being rebuilt.

Then when I press cntrl F12 I get GSX services in unavailable.

GSX will work after the cache regeneration is completed.

bigmack

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 05:42:33 am »
Thanks for reply. Now when I request service or push back vehicles P3D crashes with "BEX" as cause.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 10:53:04 am »
Thanks for reply. Now when I request service or push back vehicles P3D crashes with "BEX" as cause.

That's because you haven't installed the latest Addon Manager. Just reinstall GSX, and it will download it automatically, or download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

bigmack

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 12:27:35 pm »

That's because you haven't installed the latest Addon Manager. Just reinstall GSX, and it will download it automatically, or download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

Thanks again. That's what confusing me. When I start P3D, a menu pops up stating that a update is required. To select option 1 to install. Which I do...But It seems like the files that's being downloaded and installed are installing in the FSX directory.

Also I have 7 entries of add-on Manager in my add/remove programs. Should I remove all entries or prior versions then install a fresh copy of add-on manager or GEX??

Thanks again

Bill M

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 12:39:53 pm »
Thanks again. That's what confusing me. When I start P3D, a menu pops up stating that a update is required. To select option 1 to install. Which I do...But It seems like the files that's being downloaded and installed are installing in the FSX directory.

You are confusing a minore Live Update, which will NOT update the Addon Manager, but JUST the GSX code, with a major upgrade, which will prompt you to download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

I've explicitly told you to download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, which means you need to *exit* from the sim, DOWNLOAD and INSTALL the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and then start the sim again.

Also I have 7 entries of add-on Manager in my add/remove programs. Should I remove all entries or prior versions then install a fresh copy of add-on manager

Already discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9555.0.html

bigmack

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 07:03:33 pm »
Thanks.. Installed latest Add-on manager, all seems to working good.

Thanks again

Bill M