Author Topic: How to disable native GSX in KJFK2  (Read 2849 times)

DesertPilot85

How to disable native GSX in KJFK2
« on: December 03, 2013, 05:02:37 pm »
I have both KJFK2 (which I know has its own native GSX) as well as the stand-alone purchased GSX installed.

To help with my own tweaking of performance issues, I need to be able to completely (and temporarily) disable GSX--not only the stand-alone GSX, but also the native GSX built into KJFK2.  I don't want to uninstall GSX, I just want to be able to turn it on or off.

Following the details in the GSX manual, I updated the [gsx] portion of CouatlAddons.ini to set "disable = 1".  That apparently was effective in disabling GSX for all regular airports, but apparently not for KJFK2.  I still get dozens of red labels indicating dozens of ground vehicles in JFK, and the Follow Me vehicle capability was still enabled.

Is there a way to temporarily disable GSX in KJFK2? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to disable native GSX in KJFK2
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 06:29:48 pm »
To help with my own tweaking of performance issues, I need to be able to completely (and temporarily) disable GSX

Not needed at all. If you don't call it, GSX doesn't do *anything* and won't create any objects and, since it's running on the external Couatl.exe interpreter, it can't slow down the sim in any way if it's just idling. And it won't take a single byte of the sim memory too.

--not only the stand-alone GSX, but also the native GSX built into KJFK2. 

There's only one GSX.

Is there a way to temporarily disable GSX in KJFK2? 

Just don't call it. Very simple. The performance and memory requirement of GSX before pressing CTRL+F12 is exactly zero.