Author Topic: Compatibility with aerosoft us cities x las vegas  (Read 6610 times)

Patrice_fsx

Compatibility with aerosoft us cities x las vegas
« on: November 10, 2013, 07:50:23 pm »
Hi FsDreamTeam,

In the installationn note of the aerosoft product (us cities x las vegas), aerosoft say that there are some compatibility problems between their scene and fsdt klas:
 - 1 a mesh problem (south of airport)
 - 2 a residential area of las vegas near the airport, populated with objects by aerosoft scenery, is hidden/flatten (no more objects) when used with your scenery.

The 1st point can be partially solved by removing the "mesh_terrain.bgl" from the klas scenery, but there are still some problems.

So, do you expect to do a scenery upgrade to solve all of the above? or is it too complex to do and we have to use one scene or the other (in this case, aerosoft scenery seems
better as it covers a larger area).

Thanks.

Patrice.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Compatibility with aerosoft us cities x las vegas
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 09:51:18 am »
So, do you expect to do a scenery upgrade to solve all of the above?

Since the problem appears only after adding the Aerosoft scenery, I don't see why it's expected we should release a fix, considering FSDT KLAS was released way BEFORE US Cities X so, it's usually the one that releases last that provides patches if they have compatibility issues with products already on the market.

At least, this is what users usually expects from us when we release something that might affect something else released earlier. Case in point, we include some fixes for Megascenery Hawaii in the PHNL installer, because Megascenery was already on the market when PHNL was released.

or is it too complex to do and we have to use one scene or the other (in this case, aerosoft scenery seems  better as it covers a larger area.

I don't think that, after removing the mesh_terrain.bgl file, the area is unusable.

And of course, such choice or saying the Aerosoft "seems better" doesn't make any sense, since it covers just the city, if you go remove FSDT KLAS you'll revert to the default airport.  Considering that default scenery for KLAS already comes with a decent and detailed city representation, one would think you'd prefer using the more detailed airport instead, if forced to choose. But again, I don't think the current situation would make the combination not usable.

Patrice_fsx

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 12:42:10 pm »
Thanks Virtuali for explanations.

I almost completely solve the problem by disabling the airport bgl file from AEROSOFT scenery and putting FSDT KLAS airport scenery under AEROSOFT one.

I have another question regarding airport buildings, that sometimes do not appear despite licensed product (KLAS for instance): what can cause this behaviour?

Patrice.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 05:19:38 pm »
I have another question regarding airport buildings, that sometimes do not appear despite licensed product (KLAS for instance): what can cause this behaviour?

Check if you have the Couatl menu after buildings disappeared.