Author Topic: Error With Jetways (PMDG 777)  (Read 8026 times)

Speedbird17Victor

Error With Jetways (PMDG 777)
« on: September 24, 2013, 08:20:23 pm »
Once I have flown my PMDG 777 in to DFW, from the cockpit, the taxiways sometimes do not load, and nothing around the terminal area loads (parking-jetways,safedocks,vehicles, ground makrings)

Anyway to fix?

Do you need a picture?
Thanks

-Andy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error With Jetways (PMDG 777)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 09:17:36 pm »
As explained many times already, jetways can ONLY be excluded by another scenery. However, your message is not very clear: it seems to imply you have loading problem only when loading "from the cockpit" ?

Other buildings are an entirely and separate thing, so please, clarify exactly that is the problem.

Is this happening ONLY when loading "from the cockpit", is this happening ONLY with the PMDG 777 and, when you see jetway disappearing, to you *also* have everything else disappear, or the two events are unrelated and happens at separate times ?

When you see all buildings disappearing, do you still see the "Couatl powered products" menu under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

Speedbird17Victor

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 10:09:00 pm »
Actually, yeah, Come to think of it, its JUST THE PMDG 777 and ITS JUST THE JETBRIDGES (after a test flight earlier). When I fly the NGX in jetways appear and work nicely, but with the 777, nothing, on any view. Taxiways disappear in cockpit but already seen a thread about that

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 10:14:30 pm »
When I fly the NGX in jetways appear and work nicely, but with the 777, nothing, on any view.

That's strange. The only logical explanation is that, since the 777 requires more memory compared to the NGX (about 200MB more) it's possible that, if you are closer to memory exhaustion with the 777, it might result in scenery problems.

Try to turn off HD textures (and restart FSX, just to be sure) and/or use DX10, if the problem goes away, then it's surely a memory problem.

Speedbird17Victor

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 08:27:52 am »
DX10? What is that?

And how much quality will be lost by turning off HD.... :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 05:11:18 pm »
DX10? What is that?

The "DX10 Preview" option in the GSX graphic settings.

And how much quality will be lost by turning off HD.... :-\

Just look at it, and make up your decision. FSX is a 32 bit app, and will never, ever, use more than 4GB at most, regardless how much memory you have. Which means, you must find a way to have all your add-ons fit into that finite space. Either by using less add-ons at the same time OR lowering your settings. That's your choice.

Speedbird17Victor

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 10:53:01 pm »
FYI here's an image. I never adjusted anything in the end (though may do) just thought that the picture may explain a little more than words!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16145332@N07/10678717443/

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 11:50:30 pm »
FYI here's an image. I never adjusted anything in the end (though may do) just thought that the picture may explain a little more than words!

That's just confirms what I've said: you are seeing parts of objects, which means everything on our side is running correctly ( if it wasn't, you wouldn't see anything ), so it's surely a video driver/settings problem.

Try all the following:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

- Reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsof\FSX\FSX.CFG

This will force FSX to rebuild a new config with all default settings. After doing this, be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak in the Addon Manager, save the settings and restart FSX.

Speedbird17Victor

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 09:15:00 am »
okey dokey, thank you!

It's very odd though how it works all fine when I start at DFW! :O

pcubine

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 09:02:11 pm »
Anyway to fix?

Thanks

-Andy

If you don't have this line add to fsx.cfg in the [GRAPHICS] section. Add HighMemFix=1. Maybe that will help.

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD