Author Topic: Covered Airstairs with PMDG NGX **NEW FEATURE - DEPENDING ON WEATHER**  (Read 10693 times)

mjlw

The problem is that the Covered Airstairs vehicle (the one with the clear roof above the stairs) no longer lines up properly with left entry 1 on the PMDG NGX. I
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 03:54:26 pm by virtuali »

Hnla

Re: Covered Airstairs problem with PMDG NGX
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 03:08:16 am »
Use the "Reset" button in the GSX Airplane configuration utility, so the new default configuration from GSX for the PMDG 737NGX will be used.

mjlw

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 03:12:53 am »
Thanks Hnla, much appreciated.

mjlw

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 03:59:47 am »
Tried the reset option, but still the same issue. I will try to be clearer. The covered stairs line up ok with L Entry Fwd, but extend too far so the passengers would board on the roof of the fuselage. Looked at the editor but cant figure out how to set the height the stairs should extend. Its like they are trying to find the door for a 777, not a 737. A screenshot would be helpful, but I don't know how to do that. Anyway hope that's a bit clearer.

Regards Matt Williams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 09:32:34 am »
Try to download and install the Vehicles Update installer.

vr-pilot

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 09:32:20 pm »
Hello,
same problem here with the acryl covered airstairs model. Most other randomly selected airstair models work fine with the PMDG737NGX. Also the rear Left entry airstairs are elevated about 25 cm too high, and this does not only affect the acryl covered ones...

To me it seems, that as soon as the large (777-like over the roof extended) acryl covered airstairs model comes randomly into play at front entry left, the second airstair at the rear entry left also becomes elevated...

I reinstalled all components several times, made resets and so on. As I said, the problem seems to be in close relation to the acryl covered airstairs model. As long as this is not randomly chosen, all other models work fine, also at the left rear exit.

Greetings,

Claus

BTW: I really love GSX and the T7 cargo functionality is great! Thanks!

mjlw

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 05:28:56 am »
Downloaded latest vehicle update but still the same problem. Exactly the same issue as in the screenshot posted above. GSX version 1.18 and vehicle update 3 installed. I only started to notice this recently, all was working perfectly previously.

Regards Matt Williams

Gilltech

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 08:35:02 am »
I have the same issue with the stairs as shown in the photo. Also this is something I have noticed only recently. Have latest versions of GSX and Vehicle Updates. But I have also recently installed the paint kit and the FSX SDK. I did notice some differences in the height and extension lines in the sim.cfg files within the FSDT_Staircase_User and the FSDT_Staircase folders. I will post below. Modifying those height and extention values does impact the behavior of the stairway. But I am not sure what effect this may have on a bigger planes. The other stairway objects do not have different height values between the FSDT and FSDT_User folders. The FSDT staff probably has this figured out already but I will include all this just in case it could be helpful. Will be interestee to hear additional info.

I would also like to add that I love this product and have enjoyed working  throught the paint kit documents and learning about the customization that is possible.

Mark

Sim.cfg from FSDT_Staircase_User

[Couatl]
type = Staircase
cruise_speed = 2   // meters/sec
acceleration = 0.2
front_wheels = 2.2
rear_wheels = 1.65
condition = %(exitAlt)f >= 2.606
animated = 1
anim_lift = 0 100 10
interpIntervals = 0,0.5,1
extension = 3.675,5.809,7.942
height = 2.606,3.827,5.049
extensionAdjust = 0
heightAdjust = 0
// safedistance = 0.7 // distance from aircraft in meters before raising stairs

Sim.cfg from FSDT_Staircase

[Couatl]
type = Staircase
cruise_speed = 2   // meters/sec
acceleration = 0.2
front_wheels = 2.2
rear_wheels = 1.65
animated = 1
anim_lift = 0 100 10
extension = 3.503,5.524,7.546
height = 3.293,4.693,6.093
extensionAdjust = 0
heightAdjust = 0
// safedistance = 0.7 // distance from aircraft in meters before raising stairs

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 11:54:15 am »
I did notice some differences in the height and extension lines in the sim.cfg files within the FSDT_Staircase_User and the FSDT_Staircase folders. I will post below. Modifying those height and extention values does impact the behavior of the stairway.

Yes, but you can't just change them as you please, they also need to match the actual 3d model of the objects.

In fact, both the one in the PaintKit and the one in GSX are not correct for the actual (updated) model, which can now go higher to reach the 777 and the A330/340.

The real problem was that now, the covered airstair can't serve the 737 anymore, because its minimum height is now higher than the 737 door so, the "Condition" expression must change from this:

to this:

condition = %(exitAlt)f >= 3.3

Since the minimum height is now 3.293 meters (the one from GSX is correct, the Paintkit was still outdated to show the previous value), the Condition to accept the objects must match that. This also means the covered airstair will not appear on the 737 anymore, and that's correct too.

So, what was wrong was just the "Condition" line.  You can fix it manually or, if you are not confident doing it, we already updated all Vehicle installers, the PaintKit and the full GSX installer with the fix so, anybody downloading them now will not have the problem.

Gilltech

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 08:13:53 pm »
Thanks, and understood about editing values. I would assume that any future updates would just over write them anyway. Having the covered staircase not called for the 737 makes sense.

I still see differences, after installing the latest Paintkit and Vehicle update files this morning, in the parameter values in FSDT_Staircase and FSDT_Staircase_User. Perhaps this in intentional but want to make sure before working in the USER folder.

FSDT_Staircase

condition = ( %(exitAlt)f >= 3.30 ) and ( %(exitAlt)f <= 6.093 )
animated = 1
anim_lift = 0 100 10
extension = 3.503,5.524,7.546
height = 3.293,4.693,6.093
extensionAdjust = 0

FSDT_Staircase_User

animated = 1
anim_lift = 0 100 10
extension = 3.675,5.809,7.942
height = 2.606,3.827,5.049
extensionAdjust = 0
heightAdjust = 0

thanks again for being so attentive to the users.

Mark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 09:22:10 pm »
I still see differences, after installing the latest Paintkit and Vehicle update files this morning, in the parameter values in FSDT_Staircase and FSDT_Staircase_User. Perhaps this in intentional but want to make sure before working in the USER folder.

The correct one is the GSX one, I'll check again the PaintKit installer.

vr-pilot

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 02:18:33 am »
condition = ( %(exitAlt)f >= 3.30 ) and ( %(exitAlt)f <= 6.093 )

O.K., that makes sense for a T7 or A330/340 type airstairs vehicle! Will download and install the updated file.
A big THANKS to fsdt for their very good and prompt support!

Now the GSX airstairs operator guys will have much more relaxed working days again, because their boss won't have any reason for criticizing them anymore  ;D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 02:20:42 am by vr-pilot »

bones1977

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013, 09:58:00 am »
I am still having this issue on the PMDG 737 NGX, and have installed the most recent updates as of yesterday. It is only when the canvas covered airstairs are loaded that this occurs. Did I do something wrong, or has this issue still not been fixed. To be honest, I never noticed this occurring until after the most recent Standalone Manager update, somewhere around a week or two ago.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2013, 10:49:06 am »
I am still having this issue on the PMDG 737 NGX, and have installed the most recent updates as of yesterday

Then you don't have the latest updates. It's not something that is updated with the Live Update, it requires the Vehicles update installers.

It is only when the canvas covered airstairs are loaded that this occurs.

With the latest update, the covered airstairs will not appear anymore on the 737NGX.

Did I do something wrong, or has this issue still not been fixed

The has been fixed, as the previous users confirmed.

To be honest, I never noticed this occurring until after the most recent Standalone Manager update, somewhere around a week or two ago.

This doesn't have anything to do with the Addon Manager, it's a parameter in the vehicles that needs to be fixed, and the Addon Manager doesn't change, touch or relates in any way to those files, the only way to update them is to use the Vehicles updates or the Full GSX installer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2013, 03:54:04 pm »
Hello,

We made an addition that might be useful to many: the two covered staircase vehicles now automatically reacts to weather conditions, and will display their cover if it's raining/snowing. To get the update object, please download one of the Vehicles Updaters from the GSX Page. If your GSX install is fairly recent, the Vehicles Update 3 should be enough.