Author Topic: Error Installing JFK v.2.0  (Read 3508 times)

Jas451

Error Installing JFK v.2.0
« on: October 09, 2013, 05:18:18 pm »
Hi, I receive the following error while installing JFK V.2.0 " There was a problem updating some scenery, please try again later" I searched the forum, but unable to find this issue listed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error Installing JFK v.2.0
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 05:31:42 pm »
Try again by turning off all firewalls.

Jas451

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 05:59:50 pm »
Turned off firewall and antivirus. Same error. This is a reinstall of Windows 7 64bit. FSX is being installed on D drive under D:/FLIGHT/Flight Simulator X. This is how I had it set up previously. I had no error when installing JFK v.2.0 the first time this setup so can't figure out why I'm now getting an error.

Jas451

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 09:57:22 pm »
Ok, got it solved. Uninstalled JFK, re-downloaded and installed again, same error. Uninstalled again, downloaded again and reinstalled. Worked on the 3rd try. Go figure.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 10:07:55 am »
Uninstalled again, downloaded again and reinstalled. Worked on the 3rd try. Go figure.

That's because we have two mirrors used in parallel by the installer, and the one used is selected at random when the installers starts. I'm fairly sure both mirrors were running normally these days so, it's likely the firewall or antivirus or other similar security-related program decided to block only one of them so, the installer started to work as soon as it finally picked up the other mirror.