Author Topic: GSX Error at LIRF  (Read 5797 times)

Tankleader

GSX Error at LIRF
« on: October 02, 2013, 02:24:47 pm »
Hello,
  I was at gate 104 at LIRF in FSX using the default scenery.  I hit control+shift+F12 which caused the selection menu to appear.  I selected the boarding option and nothing happened.   I then selected control+shift+F12 and nothing appeared.  I then went to the add-on tab and GSX is no longer there, it however still shows as active in the add-on manager.  I am currently flying and haven't had a chance to restart FSX, but is there a fix for this?

Thanks
Andy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Error at LIRF
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 07:26:13 pm »
  I then went to the add-on tab and GSX is no longer there, it however still shows as active in the add-on manager.  I am currently flying and haven't had a chance to restart FSX, but is there a fix for this?

It's not clear from your message if it's just GSX which is missing, or it's the whole Couatl menu. If you still have the Couatl menu, you can probably bring back GSX with the "Restart Couatl" option.

If you don't have the Couatl menu at all, that's an entirely different issue, that it *might* be fixed (without restarting) by manually launching Coautl.exe from the FSX\fsdreamteam\Coautl folder.

Tankleader

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 07:57:45 pm »

It's not clear from your message if it's just GSX which is missing, or it's the whole Couatl menu. If you still have the Couatl menu, you can probably bring back GSX with the "Restart Couatl" option.

If you don't have the Couatl menu at all, that's an entirely different issue, that it *might* be fixed (without restarting) by manually launching Coautl.exe from the FSX\fsdreamteam\Coautl folder.

The entire Couatl menu disappeared and running the Coautl.exe from the folder does nothing.  I will try to reinstall and tell you what happens.  Like I said earlier the menu just disappeared when I selected pushback at LIRF (ROME).

Thanks
Andy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 09:07:00 pm »
I will try to reinstall and tell you what happens.  Like I said earlier the menu just disappeared when I selected pushback at LIRF (ROME).

I haven't said anything about reinstalling! You asked about trying to fix this without even quitting from FSX but, there shouldn't be any need to reinstall, if you had the Couatl menu just before the pushback (that means the installation was fine).

Of course, reinstalling won't make any harm but, in that case, since you are taking the time to reinstall, try with the most current version of the installer, to be sure you have everything updated.

Tankleader

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 09:43:35 pm »
I haven't said anything about reinstalling! You asked about trying to fix this without even quitting from FSX but, there shouldn't be any need to reinstall, if you had the Couatl menu just before the pushback (that means the installation was fine).

Of course, reinstalling won't make any harm but, in that case, since you are taking the time to reinstall, try with the most current version of the installer, to be sure you have everything updated.

Thanks for the advice and recommendation.  Once I land I will shut-down FSX and restart FSX to see if the Couatl menu is there, if not I will reinstall.

Thanks
Andy

Tankleader

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 01:49:56 pm »
Hello Again,
   I was able to restart FSX and the COUATL menu appeared, but as soon as I select boarding the menu disappears from the Add-ons menu and will only reappear when I restart FSX.  I am running the latest updated version.

Thanks
Andy

crauds

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 02:33:48 pm »
Seems many of us are having the same problems.  Seems to be airport specific and, for me, only with the PMDG MD11 freighter.  Checked the COUATI ini file for the airport (in my case it is SGAS) and also the AFCAD and nothing seems different from any other airport but no matter where on the airport I place the aircraft and then request ANY service from GSX, it closes GSX as soon as it announces the action and COUATL menu disappears and so do any related vehicles.  I have not tried LIRF, but I am sure I will have same issue as you.  I am using FSX on VISTA 64.

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

Tankleader

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 03:14:15 pm »
Seems many of us are having the same problems.  Seems to be airport specific and, for me, only with the PMDG MD11 freighter.  Checked the COUATI ini file for the airport (in my case it is SGAS) and also the AFCAD and nothing seems different from any other airport but no matter where on the airport I place the aircraft and then request ANY service from GSX, it closes GSX as soon as it announces the action and COUATL menu disappears and so do any related vehicles.  I have not tried LIRF, but I am sure I will have same issue as you.  I am using FSX on VISTA 64.

Craig

I think its a combination of the airport and PMDG-MD11.  At EGNX East Midlands I don't have this problem, I just noticed it at LIRF and Hong Kong.  Glad to hear that I wasn't the only one.

Thanks
Andy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 04:53:59 pm »
If it happens only with the PMDG MD11 Freighter, check all the following:

- You use the most current version of GSX, which means you have either installed all the Live Updates OR you installed GSX with the Full 1.8 installer

- You use the configuration that comes with GSX, not an older configuration you might have created for the previous version. You can check this using the "Reset" option in the GSX Airplane configuration editor. And, check you also don't have any GSX.CFG files in the FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes\PMDG MD11F folder

If the error still happen, try to enable logging in the "Troubleshooting" section of the "GSX Settings" menu, and check if a Couatl.ERR file is generated in your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder. If yes, post its content here.

Tankleader

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 11:21:17 pm »
Hello,
  I finally managed to get it working.  None of the suggestions that were posted in this thread or others worked.  I did a uninstall and reinstalled using the latest executable.  This has seemed to fix whatever the problem was.  I do notice that on the PMDG MD-11F that the cargo is now loaded from the right and left side where previously it was from the right only.

Thanks
Andy