Author Topic: Problem with ground texture (DX10)  (Read 4888 times)

furger

Problem with ground texture (DX10)
« on: September 28, 2013, 02:04:26 pm »
I know LSZH in the current version is not fully DX10 compatible. Nevertheless I am using FSX mainly in DX10 mode (currently with Steve's DX10 Fixer installed).

What I encounter (even at daytime) is the following ground texture. I wonder whether there is something wrong and could be improved.

Any idea would be appreciated.

Thank you

Andreas
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 02:10:12 pm by furger »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with ground texture (DX10)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 02:49:27 pm »
What I encounter (even at daytime) is the following ground texture. I wonder whether there is something wrong and could be improved.

I'm not sure what's wrong with your screenshot, other than a general low resolution, which might be improved by setting the Anisotropic filter on your video card control panel to 8x or 16x.

furger

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 04:23:02 pm »
Anisotropic filtering setting is 16x (NVIDIA Inspector).

The problem I was mentioning might be more obviously visible in the attached night textures. Or is this just the DX10 incompatibility of this scenery?

Andreas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 06:22:42 pm »
The problem I was mentioning might be more obviously visible in the attached night textures. Or is this just the DX10 incompatibility of this scenery?

When a scenery is not compatible with DX10, most of the problems happens at night, it's really difficult to troubleshoot this considering the fact you use the DX10 fixer, which in any case says that not all sceneries can be fixed, especially those that have problems at night. So, basically, consider Zurich to be usable in DX9 only, until we'll do a major update like JFK V2.

furger

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 08:09:15 pm »
Thank you anyway for the reply. I am awaiting the next major update ofd LSZH.

Andreas