Author Topic: New guy needs advice-DFW Systems  (Read 3359 times)

Speedbird17Victor

New guy needs advice-DFW Systems
« on: August 20, 2013, 08:58:04 am »
Hello Folks!
First off, this is all very new to me, posting here, though I do post a lot in the Avsim Forums.

Anyway, I am looking at getting some airports for my FSX library, and move off from aircraft (once that PMDG 777 is released I won't need another!).
So, one of them I am thinking about is KDFW. However I have a few questions:

-The Parkme feature. Is that the automated safedock type thing? If so, can someone point me in the right direction to a picture of one on the scenery?
-I assume it does not include those signs above the gates (with the red lettering?)
- Frame-wise, how good is it. The only scenery I have at the mo is Heathrow Xtreme, and I get about 5/6FPS during the day and if i'm lucky 12 at night. How does this compare?

And finally, quite unrelated to this, are there any airports you "vitally" recommend? For a good starter or, for other reasons, etc....

Thanks folks, I hope I haven't broken any Forum rules, I didn't see a thread containing that, so please, if you want to flame, please do it nicely  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New guy needs advice-DFW Systems
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 03:30:24 pm »
All of your questions would have been answered by simply downloading the Trial version and seeing for yourself, on your own system, especially the frame rate question (which is obviously very good...), but also the installer comes with a manual that explains all the special features, such as ParkMe.

Note that ParkMe is considered to be obsolete by now, and it has been superseded by GSX, which is entirely free to use at all our airports so, after downloading and installing KDFW, I suggest install GSX too. They will work in full, for the 5 minutes per sessions allowed by the KDFW Trial, and if you purchase KDFW, GSX will work in full there, without having to spend anything extra.

Speedbird17Victor

Re: New guy needs advice-DFW Systems
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 03:57:01 pm »
oh. I thought parkme was an automated system.....