Author Topic: Simconnect not working  (Read 20317 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Simconnect not working
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2013, 11:53:02 am »
I do not believe that a complete reformatting and reinstall of Windows and FSX does not function.

It should, but it might not be enough, all Windows update will probably need to be installed too.

@henoik:

You said you restored only your files from the previous install: check if you have a Simconnect.cfg under "My Documents\"  (it's not really there, it's under one of the Flight sim sub-folders under "My Documents") and if you have it, REMOVE IT. That file is not supposed to be there on a default install, but if you restored your previous "My Documents" folder and this file contains a wrong configuration, you are actually restoring the bug.

henoik

Re: Simconnect not working
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2013, 01:58:21 pm »
@henoik:

You said you restored only your files from the previous install: check if you have a Simconnect.cfg under "My Documents\"  (it's not really there, it's under one of the Flight sim sub-folders under "My Documents") and if you have it, REMOVE IT. That file is not supposed to be there on a default install, but if you restored your previous "My Documents" folder and this file contains a wrong configuration, you are actually restoring the bug.

Well... It was in "My Documents" root folder, but not in "Flight Simulator X Files" in "My Documents". I've deleted it now.

Edit: Aaaaaand! The error is gone!

Edit 2: GSX is working like a charm. I can see in the add-on menu now "Couatl-powered products". Thank you so much!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 02:08:05 pm by henoik »