Author Topic: stuttering while turning on the ground  (Read 4219 times)

richard99

stuttering while turning on the ground
« on: July 05, 2013, 09:00:47 pm »
Hello, as in the topic title, I suffer annoying stutters on the ground while turning the aircraft left and right, they are clearly visible. I don't remember having seen before in other FSDT sceneries. Has anyone experienced same problem?
Pay attention, this problem comes out mainly when turning, not when going straight along the taxiway or runway, maybe because it is less visible.
Just before you ask me, this is my hardware config (don't think it is a bad system...):
- i7 2700K @ 4,5Ghz;
- 4GB RAM @1600Mhz;
- GTX680 ASUS 4GB;
- SSD Samsung 830 256GB.
If necessary I can record a small video sample and please. Could it be a scenery-related problem?
Bye.
Thanks.

Riccardo
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 12:41:46 am by richard99 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: stuttering while turning on the ground
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 11:06:42 am »
The only thing that could affect stuttering in our products is the "Anti pop-up" setting in the Addon Manager. If you raise it from the default of 1, it will increase the loading range of smaller objects so, for example, at 4 those objects will load at 4x the distance we programmed in the scenery.

Increasing the value will reduce stuttering, but it will increase also the risk of Out of Memory errors, because more objects will be loaded at the same time.

If you don't see any benefits by raising the slider up, it will indicate the problem is not related to CYVR.

I see from your specs you have only 4GB of RAM, in total. This is really not enough for FSX, because FSX could allocate up to 4GB for itself, but with only 4GB in total, you'll have to share it with Windows and all the other running applications (antivirus, etc.)

Because of the Virtual memory management, even if your total memory requirements exceed 4GB, the PC will not crash because it will use the swap file but, even on a fast SSD, this can't be compared with having real memory, so if swapping happens, you'll see stuttering.

So, the real suggestion would be upgrading your memory to AT LEAST 8GB, and of course be sure you use Windows 7 64 bit.