Author Topic: Coutal Scripting error  (Read 4833 times)

infus1on

Coutal Scripting error
« on: July 13, 2013, 04:07:54 am »
I a have been getting a coutal scripting error. I have tried the following solutions. Uninstalling GSX and reinstalling. Live update as well as fresh addon manager update and the error still persists below is the error log.

couatl v2.0 (build 2348)
panic log started on Fri Jul 12 19:02:30 2013
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 67, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 205, in do
  File "couatl\common\simObjectMoverIK.py", line 291, in run
  File "couatl\common\simObjectMoverIK.py", line 317, in setObjectData
OverflowError: long int too large to convert
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 08:41:45 am by virtuali »
Mike

FSDreamteam: KLAX Los Angeles * KDFW Dallas Fort Worth * KLAS McCarran * KJFK New York * KORD O'Hare * PHNL Honolulu * Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1 & 2 * LSZG Zurich CYVR Vancouver

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Coutal Scripting error
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 08:43:48 am »
As asked in all forum threads which discuss similar errors, whenever you do such error reports, ALWAYS include ALL the following informations:

- The airport used. If it's not default, clearly indicates the scenery and the AFCAD used

- What GSX operation you selected

- What gates or location you were when you selected the GSX operation

- What airplane you used and if you customized it or not.

infus1on

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 05:07:58 pm »
No problem. All airports, all gates all airplanes and the error happens upon deboarding.
Mike

FSDreamteam: KLAX Los Angeles * KDFW Dallas Fort Worth * KLAS McCarran * KJFK New York * KORD O'Hare * PHNL Honolulu * Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1 & 2 * LSZG Zurich CYVR Vancouver

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 11:05:12 am »
Then the problem might be the airplane you use. You must have customize it and made a mistake, such a mis-typed number regarding any of the doors parameters.

Try to Reset the airplane configuration to the default supplied with GSX, with the appropriate option in the GSX airplane configuration editor.

infus1on

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 05:05:33 am »
Thanks. I will try this. I even tried using the default 747 at a default airport and it was almost done the deboarding when I got the error.
Mike

infus1on

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 05:33:32 am »
Well no luck. I reset and I still got the error during the passenger boarding.  ???
Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 10:53:44 am »
Try to download the GSX current full installer and install that one over the existing one.

infus1on

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 04:08:41 pm »
Sorry, I forgot to include in my initial post that I have uninstalled and reinstalled as well as installed over top several times before I asked for support. But the issue still persists. In fact this issue has been going on for months. I tried some of the suggestions found on the forum regarding similar errors. Contacting support was a last ditch effort to try to resolve the problem.
Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 12:23:39 am »
You said you uninstalled and reinstalled, but you don't say if you *downloaded* the most current version found online. Try to be sure you use the latest version and install that one.

Another thing to check might be your preference files, which are not removed between reinstalls, perhaps you have a syntax error or an illegal value in the settings file (maybe because you edited it by hand, even a while ago).

Try to remove the Couatladdons.ini file in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and reinstall GSX, a new one with all default values will be created.

infus1on

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 12:33:25 am »
Thanks. I will try the suggestions and report.
Mike

infus1on

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 10:48:06 pm »
I am happy to say that I completed both unboarding loading and push back from departure and arrival with no issues. Thank you for helping me resolve this issue.
Mike