Author Topic: Help with textures needed...  (Read 6211 times)

rockliffe

Help with textures needed...
« on: July 15, 2013, 07:51:19 pm »
I think the photo shows the problem without too much of an explanation. If anyone can offer some help I'd be grateful, cheers.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/07/15/ZPtOi.jpg
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 09:38:09 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Help with textures needed...
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 09:39:24 pm »
The scenery is made in tiles, so you always see some kind of seam between each tile. I never saw something so apparent though, how's your texture resolution in the Addon Manager, and which texture size you selected while installing ?

rockliffe

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 12:19:32 am »
The scenery is made in tiles, so you always see some kind of seam between each tile. I never saw something so apparent though, how's your texture resolution in the Addon Manager, and which texture size you selected while installing ?
Thanks for the reply. Sure, I chose 2048 textures for (?) was it building and runways? Can't remember, and then 1024 for the shadows.

rockliffe

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 11:42:22 am »
Ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 04:31:34 pm »
There's nothing we can fix, I checked the scenery, and it looks the same here, I agree it doesn't look very nice, but it's just a problem of the detail texture coordinates not matching over the seam between two scenery tiles, but what matters is that runway markings are seamless.

We'll have another look at it, but I doubt it can be completely fixed.

rockliffe

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 07:52:37 pm »
Hmm, OK, but not impressed. I have come to appreciate such a high standard from you guys. C'est la vie

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 09:34:39 pm »
Hmm, OK, but not impressed. I have come to appreciate such a high standard from you guys. C'est la vie

As I've said, it's a side effect how the scenery is made, in tiles. All our sceneries are made like that, and all have the same issues, but depending on the overall runway orientation, the distance from the airport center and airport size, it might be more noticeable or not, and it's not the same in every place were two tiles meet.

You just caught a bad place.

rockliffe

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 07:14:26 pm »
OK, no sweat. Thanks anyway.