Author Topic: Need Help with GSX. Will not show GSX menu choices  (Read 12557 times)

CBT1960

Need Help with GSX. Will not show GSX menu choices
« on: July 12, 2013, 05:40:28 pm »
Hi all
I have a question for anyone that can help me.
I bought GSX after watching it run as a demo. I liked it a lot. Finally, some "ramp/gate action". Then I ran into a lot of FSX problems and I had to reinstall FSX from the very beginning.
   What I don't understand is that I have reinstalled GSX along with registering it again. I can see GSX when I hit the ALT key and all, but I just cannot get GSX to respond to my desires to see its menu screens. The most I can get is a pop up that says "the PARK ME option has been opted by GSX" or something like that.
   I have tried un-installing and cleaning up my registry, rebooting and reinstalling the demo, then running the registration bit, but I can still only get as far as I described above.
    Can someone help me?
Thanks all
Chris
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 05:45:03 pm by CBT1960 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Need Help with GSX. Will not show GSX menu choices
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 07:51:55 pm »
The most I can get is a pop up that says "the PARK ME option has been opted by GSX" or something like that.

That's because you are using the ParkMe hotkey instead of the GSX hotkey.

ALso, check you haven't assigned two keys in conflict in the "Change key assignment" sub-menu under the "Couatl powered products" menu: if two addons are assigned to the same key, they won't work. Those settings are not changed when uninstalling/reinstalling.

CBT1960

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 04:40:24 am »
Hello, Thanks for replying. I looked to see if I was having any keyboard conflicts with GSX, and I think I may be missing what your saying to me? With the default key assignments, I looked in FSX to see if I had any matching key setups. I do not see any. I have a throttle/joystick and rudder setup, and I could not see any conflicts in any of them.  I would like to use the defaults that came with the GSX program, but again, I'm missing something, Because that "park me" pop up notice that its been superseded by GSX" (CNT/SHFT/P) remains the only I can bring up. I can bring up the menu if I wanted to change keys

You also mentioned: "ALso, check you haven't assigned two keys in conflict in the "Change key assignment" sub-menu under the "Couatl powered products" menu: if two addons are assigned to the same key, they won't work. Those settings are not changed when uninstalling/reinstalling."

I checked. no conflicts. Mine reads as GSX-Show GSX menu my bypassing you control: SHFT/CNTRL/f12 (no response)
 Park me (performs as mentioned above) CNTRL/SHFT/P
 Global Show You control Men CNTRL/F12 -No response.
  Id thank you for your continued troubleshooting assistance
CHRIS

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 10:55:43 am »
I checked. no conflicts. Mine reads as GSX-Show GSX menu my bypassing you control: SHFT/CNTRL/f12 (no response)
 Park me (performs as mentioned above) CNTRL/SHFT/P
 Global Show You control Men CNTRL/F12 -No response.

If the old ParkMe key assignment works, but the GSX doesn't, it seems you haven't installed GSX. If there was something wrong with the software not running, nothing would work, and you wouldn't see any GSX menu at all.

If you are sure you installed GSX, try to enable logging in the Troubleshooting section of the "GSX - Settings" menu, then exit from FSX and start it again, press the GSX hotkey, and then exit from FSX.

Check the following folder for such files:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG

AND

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.ERR

post their content here. You might not have the Couatl.ERR, but you surely must have the Couatl.LOG. If you don't, you did something wrong, so try again enabling logging in the Troubleshooting page.

CBT1960

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 06:33:09 am »
Hi
   I have to say I am completely lost here. Until I installed GSX, I never heard of "Park Me". I have to admit that all I know is that when I installed this program in demo mode, it worked right away, no problems. As soon as I bought it, it has not worked since. I have not seen any menus, and the GSX "hot key" gets me nowhere. Its nonresponse, so I don't see how I can get any logs.
  I am surly still open to your assistance. I'm sure there's a way to fix all this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 10:18:43 am »
I have to admit that all I know is that when I installed this program in demo mode, it worked right away, no problems. As soon as I bought it, it has not worked since.

Sorry, but that's not possible. You might have *noticed* this after purchasing it, but it hasn't *happened* after you purchased it.

My previous reply contained already several things to do and check, have you tried following them all ?

Are you sure you installed GSX ? Have you checked there are no key conflicts in the "Change key assignment" menu under the "Couatl powered products" menu ? Have you enabled the logging as I've asked in my previous message ? Where are Couatl.LOG and Couatl.ERR file I've asked to post ?

CBT1960

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 08:03:53 pm »
Hi,
   What I meant is that when I downloaded the demo, I had no problems with it, now I am. I am sure the error is mine, I just want to fix it.
   Your troubleshooting suggestions,
 You mentioned a "Troubleshooting page" as well, I am working on that.
   Next, you asked me if I was sure I installed it. What I can tell you is that if I open FSX, and go to ADD ONS, I see the Couatl-Powered products tab, and that trees out to show:
========
Check Live update -> This works
Restart Coutai -> I don't know if its working, but is shows no errors
Key Mappings-> works
GSX Settings-> Works
GSX Customize Aircraft-> works
GSX Customize airport positions-> works
=========
 I also have the Addon Manager 2.9.0.6, and FS Dream is listed there on the left (Publisher) and on the right, GSX.
   Below that, it shows PRODUCT ACTIVE.
So, with that said, all I can say is *I* think I am installed. (With problems :-) )
  What is my next move?
Thanks,
CHRIS
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 08:52:17 pm by CBT1960 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 09:30:49 pm »
Key Mappings-> works

You haven't checked what I've asked to check in my previous message:

Have you checked there are no key conflicts in the "Change key assignment" menu under the "Couatl powered products" menu ?

CBT1960

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 11:14:41 pm »
Key Mappings-> works

You haven't checked what I've asked to check in my previous message:

Have you checked there are no key conflicts in the "Change key assignment" menu under the "Couatl powered products" menu ?

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you understood me in message Reply #3. No I don't have any key conflicts.
  I have the Error log and the Coutal.log, but I don't know how to add/attach them to this message. (?)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 12:22:52 am »
  I have the Error log and the Coutal.log, but I don't know how to add/attach them to this message. (?)

Press the "Additional Options..." link while you are replying to Attach a file to a reply.

CBT1960

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 12:38:56 am »

Press the "Additional Options..." link while you are replying to Attach a file to a reply.

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 12:55:13 am »
The error logs shows something that just shouldn't happen, as if you were trying to open GSX when another Couatl program was already displaying a dialog.

Are you SURE (really sure) you don't have any key conflicts in the Couatl key assignment menu ?

CBT1960

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 02:10:35 am »
The error logs shows something that just shouldn't happen, as if you were trying to open GSX when another Couatl program was already displaying a dialog.

Are you SURE (really sure) you don't have any key conflicts in the Couatl key assignment menu ?

Hi
I looked again. No conflicts. They all are at the default.
Thanks
CHRIS

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 10:31:24 am »
I looked again. No conflicts. They all are at the default.

Your error log shows that two Couatl programs are showing a dialog at the same time, which is not something that can ever happen, unless you might have a conflict that result in two programs trying to do something at the same time *because* of the key conflict.

Try to remove the following file:
%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.ini

and this folder
%APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX.

This will remove all your GSX preferences, which are not removed when uninstalling. Then, reinstall GSX using the full installer.

CBT1960

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 07:47:29 pm »
Then, reinstall GSX using the "full installer."?