Author Topic: GSX install but missing ?  (Read 2954 times)

Blake7

GSX install but missing ?
« on: June 29, 2013, 08:36:36 am »
Hi all, new here.

I've downloaded the program, which im assuming is the demo ? and installed, but when FSX starts up I don't get the permissions thing show and cant find any trace of GSX being installed through FSX ?

Its as if GSX has not linked to FSX at all, even though the directories are all there as if it was installed correctly ?

Your help in getting me through this to test the demo before a purchase would be much appreciated.

Gary Blake.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX install but missing ?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 10:02:48 pm »
I don't get the permissions thing show and cant find any trace of GSX being installed through FSX ?

This might be a problem or not, depending if you have installed something from FSDT in the past. FSX won't re-ask you again permission to run a module that you already authorized once and, since ALL our products use the same two modules ("Addon Manager" and "Couatl scripting engine"), if you already authorized them, it's just normal you won't see any requests.

To check if modules are running correctly, check if you have both their menus under the FSX "Addons" menu.

To check if GSX works...well, what about just using its hotkey (CTRL+F12 by default) ? GSX is entirely silent, until you explicitly call for it.

Blake7

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 12:19:58 pm »
I don't get the permissions thing show and cant find any trace of GSX being installed through FSX ?

This might be a problem or not, depending if you have installed something from FSDT in the past. FSX won't re-ask you again permission to run a module that you already authorized once and, since ALL our products use the same two modules ("Addon Manager" and "Couatl scripting engine"), if you already authorized them, it's just normal you won't see any requests.

To check if modules are running correctly, check if you have both their menus under the FSX "Addons" menu.

To check if GSX works...well, what about just using its hotkey (CTRL+F12 by default) ? GSX is entirely silent, until you explicitly call for it.

Hi, I've not got any other FSDT products installed, the add on is not in the menu and still no sign anywhere of GSX within FSX when running ?

Ctrl + 12 does nothing, even at LIML and KSFO ?

Its as if its not there ... even thought GSX is installed in FSX directory ?
Gary Blake.

Blake7

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 05:12:13 pm »
Ok scrap that, got it working, was the pesky certificate being rejected.

Wow, impressive, will play about a bit more after dinner and see about a purchase.

Thanks.  ;)
Gary Blake.