Author Topic: Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1 PHLI Couatl Problem **SOLVED**  (Read 7032 times)

mackalex

Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1 PHLI Couatl Problem **SOLVED**
« on: May 18, 2013, 07:30:19 pm »
Like many other people, I have encountered the same problem that is really a turn down for this high-quality product. Every time I spawn or fly to Lihue airport with volume 1 of the Hawaiian Airports package, my Couatl Powered Products menu disappears without a trace of errors. I even have the diagnostics log checked in the GSX Settings, and no couatl.err file appears when the problem occurs. This problem does not occur at any other FSDT airport, which is good, but I am really ticked off about not being able to fly to Lihue airport! Any help is highly appreciated!

Thanks!
Alex.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 11:37:56 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1 PHLI Couatl Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 10:25:18 pm »
Like many other people, I have encountered the same problem that is really a turn down for this high-quality product. Every time I spawn or fly to Lihue airport with volume 1 of the Hawaiian Airports package, my Couatl Powered Products menu disappears without a trace of errors.

And same as all the other times, when someone reports this, whenever I've check and do exactly the same, nothing happens and everything works normally.

Since there are some reports, but surely not "many" (I'd say less than 10 people, which is nothing compared to the user base), and I can't reproduce the problem in any way, no matter how hard I try, it's either some kind of problem with another add-on we haven't identified yet OR something you don't have updated.

Installing the current version Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX will at least ensure you have everything updated on our side of the software, assuming you are running the most current version of the Hawaiian airports too.

medeo04

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 11:51:55 pm »
Hello,

I experience the same problems at PHLI in exactly the same way as Alex described -so no point in me copying his post... All my other FSDT products run well for me in FSX (JFK2, LSGG, KLAX, KLAS), just PHLI doesn't (PHTO is fine so far).

Any help to solve this problem is most welcome - otherwise Hawaiian airports vol 1 will not be very useful. I'm happy to provide further info. that would help getting to the bottom of this.

Thanks,
Michael.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 09:57:41 am »
Any help to solve this problem is most welcome - otherwise Hawaiian airports vol 1 will not be very useful. I'm happy to provide further info. that would help getting to the bottom of this.

I'm sorry, I never been able to replicate it and, since it seems to affect a tiny percentage of users, I can only assume it might be some kind of incompatibility with something else installed that we don't know yet.

What other products you have installed ? Especially add-on modules that appears in the EXE.XML or DLL.XML files.

Do you test with a specific airplane ? If yes, which one ? What's happens with default airplane ?

medeo04

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 03:30:36 pm »
Hello Umberto,

Thanks for your response. I already have the problem with the default FSX ultralight flyer- as well as addon aircraft (eg PMDG 738NGX).

Attached is a copy of my dll.xml file so you can see what addons I use. Please note that I have the problems at PHLI  with couatl crashing & buildings suddenly disappearing, even without runnning IVAP, FSCopilot etc.

Michael.

medeo04

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 07:52:24 pm »
Hello,

Perhaps you can provide me with a module to add to my couatl library to write out extra diagnostics? Then we can find out what causes Couatl to crash.

Any progress on this would be very welcome.

Michael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 11:37:49 am »