Author Topic: Italiano???  (Read 4155 times)

jcupido

Italiano???
« on: August 27, 2008, 04:57:50 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but reading through some of these posts, I get the impression that FS Dream Team is located in Italy somewhere.  I visit Pescara every year and fly through Rome.  If you guys are from Italy, I have to admit, LIRF can definitely use a facelift alla FSDREAMTEAM quality.  ISD has an OK product but much has changed at that airport (terminal 5 and AA) and in scenery technology.  It would be nice to have a JFK - FCO flight with quality at both ends.  We got JFK....  Just wondering if that may be down the road.

By the way, JFK looks phenomenal.  So lifelike, I think I saw a cab driver flip me off.  Fagettaboutit!   
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 06:03:53 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Italiano???
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 06:13:37 pm »
Hello,

We tried to do several italian airports in the past: Reggio Calabria, Torino, Bologna, Florence and Rome were published by LAGO. Pisa, Aviano and Rivolto were published by Cloud9. Florence for FSX was published by Aerosoft.

The only one that didn't had very disappointing sales (guess what) was Aviano, because is probably the most appealing for the international public.

About FCO, the airport is surely the most important in Italy, but it's a large project and, considering past sales of italian airports, we might risk working at it for about the same time than KORD or KJFK, and selling only a fraction.

jcupido

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 06:26:04 pm »
Ho capito!  I guess economics overtakes desire.  I do believe a good fiumicino airport will sell.  It may not be a gateway like Amsterdam but it is a major tourist destination for Europeans and Americans.  Reggio and Bari, although beautiful, is not well known by many outside of Italy and may not sell as well.  I believe ISD and Lago could have sold better if they had the technology you have.  As you can see, FS airport scenery is a lucrative market and you may want to explore the possibility of Fiumicino (take a few polls) as this is another "scared to do" airport.  It is still an important international destination that is famous worlwide! 

kyle joseph

• American Airlines 767-200
    • KJ762AA
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 05:43:18 am »
If you make Rome, I will buy it

period.

(some limitations do apply)

like I still use FS9 so.. well...

I think you get it  ;D ;D ;) ;)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 05:45:16 am by kyle joseph »