Products Support > JFK for FSX/P3D

JFK 2.1 FSX - all scenery objects disappearing

<< < (2/3) > >>

ericst01:
Update:

Couatl menu still present; restarting doesn't help.

However, I think I just found a clue.  A red-letter message flashed along the upper-left portion of my screen for just a few seconds (hard to see since it's not there long) stating something to the effect that my "Trial period had ended."  This happened at the identical time that all scenery disappeared.  It was around 5 minutes after I started the flight.  Hadn't noticed this before, but I suppose that faulty licensing verification may be a possible explanation.

I purchased the software, both v1 and v2 upgrade.  Should I try to re-register it?  Looked everywhere and can't find an option to do this.

- ES

virtuali:

--- Quote from: ericst01 on June 16, 2013, 02:40:15 pm ---A red-letter message flashed along the upper-left portion of my screen for just a few seconds (hard to see since it's not there long) stating something to the effect that my "Trial period had ended." 
--- End quote ---

If you saw that message, there's nothing wrong with the software, which is correctly removing objects because of the Trial time expiration, due to the scenery not being active.

You can check the activation status of each product with the Addon Manager, since you said this only affects JFK, the most likely explanation is that you haven't noticed that JFK V2 is still not active.

JFK and JFK V2 are two separate products with their own entires in the Addon Manager, if JFK is Active, it won't affect the activation for JFK V2, you must activate JFK V2 with its own Serial Number separately, even if you "upgraded" from JFK V1, it only means you paid less for JFK V2, but it still considered to be a separate product that must be activated separately.

VBV001:
Hi,

Install it on a fresh FSX install on my laptop and did it like it was said in another thread.
Going to JFK and a buildings not there and also no error reports and crashes report.

Is there anybody who has the same problem and also getting the error reports and crashes
report?

Regards,

Cor

virtuali:

--- Quote from: VBV001 on June 16, 2013, 01:32:26 pm ---I would have sent the logs if I had any, but there arenĀ“t any logs in the folder.
--- End quote ---

As I've said in my last message to you:

--- Quote ---If you don't have the Couatl menu when the objects disappear, perhaps it has crashed for some reason, in this case you should enable logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings menus, and send both your Couatl.LOG and Couatl.ERR files that will be generated in the %APPDATA%\virtuali folder.

--- End quote ---

If you don't do that, no logs will be created. Of course, you must enable logging BEFORE the Couatl menu disappears and exit from FSX, restart FSX and wait until the menu disappears and THEN check the folder for logs.

ericst01:
Silly me, I forgot about having to go back into the manager & register my new serial number for v2.x.

All problems solved on my end.  Thank you!

- ES

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version