Author Topic: CYVR in P3DV2.2  (Read 4232 times)

Avidean

CYVR in P3DV2.2
« on: April 09, 2014, 02:07:39 am »
Hi,

I take it, it is not yet compatible with V2.2.
I tried my latest installed which indicated that P3D V2.0 or V2.1 was required.
I downloaded again from the PCAviator and the version on there site was even older that the one I had.
It say it required P3D V2.0.

I also tried to install the later one with the Estonia Tool but it clearly didn't work the gound textures showed and the gates
but non of the buildings :-[

An idea when there will be a V2.2 installer?

Thanks

Dave

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: CYVR in P3DV2.2
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 07:05:45 am »
 It works fine on my end. I simply installed the newest addon manager.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 08:15:42 am »
I take it, it is not yet compatible with V2.2.

It is, of course, but you must use the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

I tried my latest installed which indicated that P3D V2.0 or V2.1 was required.

If you mean "installer", then yes, you need a new installer if you want to re-install it, because the previous installer doesn't support 2.2.

If, instead, you really mean "installed", then your installed copy of CYVR doesn't need to be reinstalled, you only need to download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

I downloaded again from the PCAviator and the version on there site was even older that the one I had.

Always download from our site.

We asked PC Aviator several times NOT to host our downloads, which doesn't make any sense since they are always freely downloadable here, and we keep updating them, and this will confuse users.

I also tried to install the later one with the Estonia Tool but it clearly didn't work the gound textures showed and the gates
but non of the buildings :-[

Never, ever, use that tool with products that supports P3D natively, because you obtain the opposite results: nothing will run, because the product that natively supports P3D (so it needs to recognize it), can't recognize it, because that tool will force it to appear as if were FSX.

An idea when there will be a V2.2 installer?

It's already online since last week.

Again, as discussed in several other threads on this forum about the P3D 2.2 patch, you either:

1) Download and installa ONLY the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, if you simply upgraded to 2.2 WITHOUT Uninstalling the scenery, and were greeted by the Addon Manager warning that the sim version was wrong.

OR

2) Download the full scenery installer, if you Uninstalled the scenery, because the old installer won't allow you to install into P3D 2.2. No need to upgrade the Stand-Alone Addon Manager afterwards.

Michael Moe

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 12:05:48 pm »
And what an CYVR in P3Dv2.2 it is. WoW!

Those shadows and night lights during approach and landing. I am sold .

Took the sunday off and the default Baron and i have between 30-55fps in this area with PNW on moderat settings (FSX is 40-70fps). What does our developer have in this area ? Finally your efforts is showing off  ;)

Offcause i am satisfied but hopefully another GTX780SC in SLI is possible when the NGX and T7 arrives and Prepar3D 2.X.

Thanks
Michael