Author Topic: FSX frustrated customer with bglmanx.dll error.  (Read 9906 times)

Al Boulianne

FSX frustrated customer with bglmanx.dll error.
« on: May 30, 2013, 08:36:00 pm »
Hi,

I purchased almost all the FSDream sceneries for FS9 and I was always completely satisfied with them. However I  just switch with FSX and started to buy some FSX sceneries but as soon as I loaded the first scenery. bglmanx.dll problem appeared. I read forum and tried to reload it with disable virus protection. No change. When I say No to the message, it doen't crash and open but there is no building in the scenery. THey send men on the moon so I am sure there is something that FSDream can do to fixe it. Maybe it is a FSX problem but how come I have no problem with other pay sceneries?

Please help as I want to purchase a lot more FSX scenery from FSDream like Vancouver however I want to make sure it work.

I have Window 7 Pro 64 bites.

Thank you.

Al frustrated customer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX frustrated customer with bglmanx.dll error.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 09:45:06 pm »
The first thing to try is just restarting Windows, sometimes that error just goes away. And, in any case, keep allowing the module to run, even if FSX says it might not work, always allow it, even if it crashes, try a couple of times and try again after a Windows restart.

If that doesn't fix it, assuming you are sure you installed the most current version (to be sure, download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX), check the following:

- No compatibility mode is enabled for in the Properties->Compatibility tab for FSX.EXE

- No compatibility mode is enabled for any other FSX add-on that starts together with FSX.

- The antivirus is configured to ignore the FSX\bglmanx.dll module

- The FSX\bglmanx.dll is not corrupted for some reason (bad download, or antivirus corrupting it). To verify this, you can right click on it, select the "Digital Signature" tab, and check if it's stil valid. If it's not, it means the file has been altered on your system.

Al Boulianne

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 01:44:59 am »
I did restarted window, I turn off the entire anti virus which is Microsoft security essential before rebooting the computer and no difference.

Not sure how to do the following as I am not very good with computors:

- No compatibility mode is enabled for in the Properties->Compatibility tab for FSX.EXE

- No compatibility mode is enabled for any other FSX add-on that starts together with FSX.

- The antivirus is configured to ignore the FSX\bglmanx.dll module. How can I do that?

Regarding bglmanx.dll. I can't find it. I find only bglmanx.dat, bglmanx, bglmanx_aerosoft.dat, bglmanx_fbeam.dat, bglmanx_fsdt.dat, bglmanx_gwings.dat.  All under FSX.

Where can find FSX\bglmanx.dll ?

Also to note that I can't find FSX.CFG. I have to use FSX CFG Editor to find it.

Thank you.

Al

Al Boulianne

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 01:45:50 am »
Also I doubt that the downloading is bad as I downloaded three times.

Just to let you know.

AL

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 11:16:12 am »
Regarding bglmanx.dll. I can't find it. I find only bglmanx.dat, bglmanx, bglmanx_aerosoft.dat, bglmanx_fbeam.dat, bglmanx_fsdt.dat, bglmanx_gwings.dat.  All under FSX.

Where can find FSX\bglmanx.dll ?

If it's giving you the error, surely must be there, together with the other files. Check if you have enabled the option in Explorer to see the file extension for known file types, maybe you don't see the .DLL extension.

Also to note that I can't find FSX.CFG. I have to use FSX CFG Editor to find it.

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

Also I doubt that the downloading is bad as I downloaded three times.

That doesn't mean much, it's best to check anyway.

Al Boulianne

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 09:33:12 pm »
admin, I just want to fixe it to buy more FSDream and praise it however as I said I am not very good in computer and know only the basis. would be nice to install and play only. Can you tell me how to find it if is enable or not? I have window 7 64 bites pro and internet explorer. Internet explorer are loaded with default but I can check.

Thanks Admin.

Al

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 10:28:03 pm »
Can you tell me how to find it if is enable or not? I have window 7 64 bites pro and internet explorer. Internet explorer are loaded with default but I can check.

Windows explorer, not Internet explorer, have a look here:

http://www.pcsnippets.com/tutorials/how-to-turn-on-file-extensions-in-windows-7/8

Al Boulianne

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 11:36:17 pm »
Got it now.

I did The:
FSX\bglmanx.dll is not corrupted for some reason (bad download, or antivirus corrupting it). To verify this, you can right click on it, select the "Digital Signature" tab, and check if it's stil valid. If it's not, it means the file has been altered on your system.

It say Virtuali SAS Di Colapich....... in name signer.

Hope this help

Al

Al Boulianne

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 05:29:28 am »
Any help here? I would like to solve this ASAP so I Can buy Vancouver and the new NewYork.

Thanks

Al

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 03:51:48 pm »
It say Virtuali SAS Di Colapich....... in name signer.

Is still reported as valid ? There's a button there you can click to check the signature details.

Al Boulianne

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 06:10:16 pm »
It say Valid from 14/11/2012  to  15/11/2016.

Also when I start FSX the bglmanx.dll warning appear and when I click NO to that I can start FSX. However my install FSDream PHNL do not show airport building even with all setting high.

One thing I noticed under addon on top of fsx screen there is no fsdream list like FS9.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks
Al

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 11:29:23 pm »
Also when I start FSX the bglmanx.dll warning appear and when I click NO to that I can start FSX.

Never, ever, reply NO!! You should ALWAYS reply YES, even if FSX crashes! Always allow the module to run, and try several times, and try after a Windows RESTART, this is important.

One thing I noticed under addon on top of fsx screen there is no fsdream list like FS9.

In FSX all add-ons modules are under the "Addons" menu, but that's beside the point, unless you allow that module to run, you won't see anything under the "Addons" menu anyway.

Al Boulianne

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 01:16:39 am »
I retarted window press yes and Microsoft Flight Simultor has stopped working then crash. I tried it a dozen time not working same things. I reboot the computer and tried again several times. Same things.

What next?

Al

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 09:54:12 am »
- Run FSX as Administrator.

- Download the following file:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/4053/bglmanx.dll
and put it into the FSX root folder, overwriting the one that is already there and try if it works.

If it doesn't work, try with this one instead:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/6195/bglmanx.dll

Al Boulianne

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2013, 02:04:26 am »
I tried both and ran them several time as Administrator and same thing crashing.

What is next?

THanks

Al