Author Topic: Marshaller pulls me too far in  (Read 4014 times)

bribeth

Marshaller pulls me too far in
« on: May 14, 2013, 04:38:18 pm »
Good morning,

I downloaded the demo last night and I am on the verge of buying it. I have a question though, while I am oarking the marshaller pulls me beyond the stop point to where the jetway wont connect. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.

Brian
Brian A. Neuman

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Marshaller pulls me too far in
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 09:06:51 pm »
The marshaller will always guide to align the reference point of the airplane with the center of the parking, which is exactly the same spot as if you were using the "Go To Airport" FSX menu to position to the same gate.

Whether this will result in the jetway connection or not, changes depending on many factors, like the airplane reference point, its distance to the main exit, and the position of the jetway in relationship with the parking center.

But it any case, it's not a GSX issue, because if that jetway, with that specific airplane on that specific parking spot couldn't connect when following the GSX marshaller, it will be just the same if you positioned the airplane using the FSX menu.

johndrago

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 09:55:35 pm »
The marshaller will always guide to align the reference point of the airplane with the center of the parking, which is exactly the same spot as if you were using the "Go To Airport" FSX menu to position to the same gate.

Whether this will result in the jetway connection or not, changes depending on many factors, like the airplane reference point, its distance to the main exit, and the position of the jetway in relationship with the parking center.

But it any case, it's not a GSX issue, because if that jetway, with that specific airplane on that specific parking spot couldn't connect when following the GSX marshaller, it will be just the same if you positioned the airplane using the FSX menu.

Hi Umberto,

I think you may have already answered this, but does the yellow "T" on the ground serve as a reference point that GSX can use rather than what the AFCAD has for the parking position?  At all default airports so far, I'm pulled beyond the yellow marker as well.  Not a biggie in comparison to all the great things, but just curious.

Thanks!

John

bribeth

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 11:19:49 pm »
So what you are telling me is that the reference point is not in the airport scenery but rather in the individual aircraft model? So there is no adjustment unless you were able to edit the aircraft?

Brian
Brian A. Neuman

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 11:40:36 pm »
I think you may have already answered this, but does the yellow "T" on the ground serve as a reference point that GSX can use rather than what the AFCAD has for the parking position?

Nor GSX or FSX knows anything about that T. There's a "Tee offset" parameter in the AFCAD, but is not used very often, and surely not by any 3rd party scenery.

For our sceneries, or 3rd party scenery we might customize, we have a way better system, were we can direct the airplane to have the front wheel exactly on the correct line AND we can even specify a table of offsets depending on the airplane type, which is automatically recognized too, so we can synchronize exactly to any kind of ground texture the scenery uses, so the marshaller (and the docking system) are 100% realistic if this system is used.

With default sceneries, GSX conforms to the FSX standard used when positioning to a parking with the "Go To Airport" menu: which is placing the reference point of the airplane in the center of the parking as defined in the AFCAD.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 11:43:43 pm »
So what you are telling me is that the reference point is not in the airport scenery but rather in the individual aircraft model? So there is no adjustment unless you were able to edit the aircraft?

As I've said, this is not any different than placing your airplane using the default "Go To Airport" menu, so this has always been an issue, even before GSX, which simply conforms to that standard, if no better information is provided ( = airport fully customized with proper stop positions, like in FSDT sceneries, and not all of them)

Fact is, using GSX would expose many of the FSX default sceneries shortcomings that might go unnoticed otherwise. In this case, it was the imprecise relationship between the parking, the airplane type, and the link between different stop positions depending on the airplane type, which FSX doesn't support in default sceneries (there's no way in an AFCAD to specify were a 737 should stop compared to a 747), we solved this on our sceneries, and when GSX is used there, it works as expected.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 11:47:19 pm by virtuali »