Author Topic: couatl causing crash - P3D  (Read 24663 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: couatl causing crash - P3D
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 11:57:26 pm »
Yeah, with the Mooney you've been right, but you saw the A330 hadn't been configured at all as there was only one truck and it crashed though. 

Ok, what's happening if you start directly with creating a configuration, without calling any other GSX function ? Does the editor works ?

lionking

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2013, 08:43:40 pm »
Just tested: The configuration mode is working properly and 3D configuration as well, but as soon as I started to use the services, it crashed. It's never mind if the aircraft has got a wrong config or an adjusted one.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 02:00:32 pm by lionking »
Joshua Kingston

lionking

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2013, 07:20:08 pm »
What can I do? GSX is pretty useless at the moment...
Joshua Kingston

jpmclees

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013, 08:12:47 pm »
I'm having a similar issue, do you have FSUIPC and if so, is it registered? I read that it's a possible solution to scenery problems as registered versions have more features. Wondering before I drop $30 more. Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2013, 09:04:40 pm »
@jpmclees, you are having an entirely different problem, and I'm following you via email already, please don't post in this thread, because the issue discussed here is really different (and unique), and I don't think you can fix anything with FSUIPC, I've replied to you via email with some possible solutions.

lionking

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2013, 09:52:55 pm »
Now there's another issue going on: Just started P3D and the couatl menu isn't at the addon sub-bar anymore. I didn't change anything and the addon-manager as well as other addons still appear, but couatl is gone. I downlaoded the latest Addon-Manager but it was still gone, is it possible that it works again by reinstalling all FSDT products? Because otherwise I can not make me rhyme it.

Joshua Kingston

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2013, 10:02:55 pm »
Check your antivirus, disable it when downloading and installing, and exclude the Prepar3D\Fsdreamteam\couatl\Couatl.exe from scanning. Better yet, exclude the whole P3D folder from scanning, that will speed up loading times too.

lionking

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2013, 10:35:29 am »
Disabling antivirus worked.

Anyway; I found out only the deboaring procedure doesn't work and forces couatl to stop, all the other services do as they are supposed to do.

BTW: It's an entirely different subject, but it's on the way so: Here's my Airbus A340-500 config, the second door stair and the stair at the rear door go just thourgh the plane and then they dock at the other side where the catering trucks are supposed to be. I looked out for any mistaken or forgotten minus signs but I didn't see anything suspicious. 

[aircraft]
nosegear = 26.95
refueling = 1

[exit1]
pos = -2.41 27.58 -1.32 10.80
code = 1

[exit2]
pos = -2.97 14.44 -1.38 178.00
code = 1

[exit3]
remove = 1

[exit4]
pos = -2.21 -21.33 -1.15 167.00
code = 1

[service1]
pos = 2.53 27.41 -1.20 -8.00
code = 0

[service2]
pos = 2.27 -21.61 -0.85 10.90
code = 0

[cargo1]
pos = 1.61 23.70 -3.41 -2.00
code = 2
uldcode = AUTO

[cargo2]
pos = 1.39 -15.03 -3.48 5.00
code = 2
uldcode = AUTO 
Joshua Kingston

lionking

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2013, 06:48:02 pm »
Hey! :-\

What's now!?!
Joshua Kingston

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2013, 08:01:26 pm »
It looks like you reversed the doors. The green arrow should always point outside the airplane.

lionking

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2013, 02:29:31 pm »
I think, I had that time just a lucky day, because now it crashes with every option from GSX.

Please help me! I paid for it and I want to have a fully functional software.
Joshua Kingston

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2013, 02:54:19 pm »
I think, I had that time just a lucky day, because now it crashes with every option from GSX.

And the Couatl.LOG still shows the same "Overflow" error ?

Please help me! I paid for it and I want to have a fully functional software.

GSX it's fully functional for everybody, and you are the only one with that problem (assuming the crash is again the problem you initiallty reported before), and of course since we sell GSX in Trial mode, you could have verified how it worked on your system before purchasing it.

Since nobody else reported this before, so it's 100% sure caused by some other product you installed which is interfering, and that's the whole point of offering a Trial, so you can verify if anything else installed in your system can cause any problems.

However, this doesn't obviously mean that you will not be continually followed up in this, because you have been so far, and you will be as long as you keep reporting problems. It only means you should use the "I paid for it" argument, because there's nothing more we could do, other than offering a Trial to ensure you don't risk paying for something that might "not work".

lionking

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2013, 03:50:28 pm »
Of course there's the demo version, but when I purchased GSX I had been using FSX. And then I read your comment that P3D is fully compatible with GSX.

Yes, it's still the same...
Joshua Kingston

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2013, 09:13:01 pm »
Of course there's the demo version, but when I purchased GSX I had been using FSX. And then I read your comment that P3D is fully compatible with GSX.

What makes you think this is a problem related to P3D ?

I've asked if the error log still show the "Overflow" error as before, but you haven't replied. You said it didn't worked, then you said it was the antivirus and then it started working again, then you posted a configuration with an error, which I've suggested how to fix, now you are saying it's crashing again.

Since the GSX program is always the same, it's fairly obvious that all those different outcomes are a result of something you are doing (using the antivirus or not, editing the configuration in a wrong or in a correct way, etc.) which is why I've asked if you are still getting the original error, or something different.

lionking

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2013, 06:39:31 pm »
Yes, it's still the same...

What makes you think this is a problem related to P3D ?

With FSX I never had any problems in past.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 06:43:08 pm by lionking »
Joshua Kingston