Author Topic: Addon Manager not allowing registration - KSFO Flightbeam  (Read 6460 times)

Capnsully

Addon Manager not allowing registration - KSFO Flightbeam
« on: March 26, 2013, 12:31:20 am »
Hi, love your products, I have KJFK as well.

But I've recently moved all my addons to P3d.

I reinstalled Flightbeam's KSFO using the payware FS to P3D conversion tool I've seen you mention here re. possible issues. but hadn't performed any of the tool tweaks you've mentioned.

Right now, when I try to click the 'register' button to re-register (already paid and installed in fsx), I get into a 'loop' where it asks me to alt-tab but never recognises or allows me to regain focus in p3d.

I've read all the threads, but am now pretty confused. So can someone please help troubleshoot this?

Do I need to delete/uninstall KSFO then follow the  instructions - http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7237.0 - to 'fix' the addon manager?

Then do I reinstall into p3d using the tool?

I'm asking this as I've ensured no antivirus is running. I exited out of Active Sky 2012 too. Don't use REX.

Thanks

simon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager not allowing registration - KSFO Flightbeam
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 08:27:25 am »
Right now, when I try to click the 'register' button to re-register (already paid and installed in fsx), I get into a 'loop' where it asks me to alt-tab but never recognises or allows me to regain focus in p3d.

The Addon Manager prompts you to press ALT+ENTER (not Alt-Tab) to go into Windowed mode if you aren't. Is this is what is happening ?

Do I need to delete/uninstall KSFO then follow the  instructions - http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7237.0 - to 'fix' the addon manager?

This thread doesn't "fix" the Addon Manager, it fixes a problem caused by an old version of the P3D Migration Tool ONLY if you use the Legacy Mode, which is NOT needed for any of the products related to the Addon Manager, and it's related ONLY to the Couatl.exe program not recognizing P3D when running under Legacy Mode, the Couatl.exe program doesn't have anything to do with the activation issue you are reporting.

Then do I reinstall into p3d using the tool?

As explained in that thread, if you install a product that is compatible with P3D already, you shouldn't use the Migration Tool. However, we got word from the P3D Migration tool developer that he added the Couatl tweaks (that don't have anything to do with the activation, as I've said) to the latest version of the program, so you don't need to perform those fixes, because they should be done by the Migration Tool automatically. They would be needed to RUN the sceneries, but shouldn't affect activation.

In any case, the first obvious step, would be turning off any mode of the Migration Tool, especially the Legacy Mode, and activate KSFO that way, maybe the Migration tool is preventing the Addon Manager to detect full screen mode either.

Capnsully

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 08:30:47 am »
Thanks for your reply. Yes I did mean Alt-Enter, must be automatic typing.

I've retried, to no avail. Tried uninstalling and then reinstalling using my FSX2Prepare3d tool, still no luck. The windowed mode is definitely working, only taking up about a third of my normal screen space.

As per the instructions for the above tool, I've made sure it wasn't running while running p3d (it won't let you anyway).

This is getting a little frustrating now. Can you please supply some easy to understand alternative fixes, step by step. KSFO look fantastic, I don't want to have to uninstall permanently.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 09:23:26 am »
I've retried, to no avail. Tried uninstalling and then reinstalling using my FSX2Prepare3d tool, still no luck. The windowed mode is definitely working, only taking up about a third of my normal screen space.

I think you don't fully understand the issue: those "migration tools" are EXACTLY the CAUSE of the problem!! As I've said already, since all our installers and products are fully and entirely compatible with P3D, a tool that tries to fool non-compliant product into thinking they are running under FSX, is exactly what will CAUSE the issue you are having with the Addon Manager thinking you are running in Full screen when you aren't, because the Addon Manager, which KNOWS about P3D, is PREVENTED to know about it and so it's looking at the wrong place to detect Full screen mode.

As per the instructions for the above tool, I've made sure it wasn't running while running p3d (it won't let you anyway).

Then it's likely it has left traces of it when it *was* running, and modified your P3D.EXE in some way.

This is getting a little frustrating now

The real cause of this, is the existence of products that don't work with P3D and need such migration tool to begin with.

Can you please supply some easy to understand alternative fixes, step by step.

As I've said already, if you have FSX on the same system, the easiest one is to just activate from FSX. If you haven't, you can try this one:

- open REGEDIT

- go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software folder and see if you have a folder key named Flightbeam. If you don't, just create one AND enter into it.

- inside the "Flightbeam" folder, create a new String Value named "Serial Number", with YOUR KSFO Serial Number as Value.

- Close regedit and start P3D, if you did everything correctly, you should see it prompting to activate the product.

Capnsully

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 11:21:32 am »
Thanks again Umberto, all fixed now. The key was to activate in fsx, then P3d was fine. Confusing! for me anyway. Glad you cleared it up, loving KJFK and KSFO again.

simon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 02:11:07 pm »
The key was to activate in fsx, then P3d was fine. Confusing! for me anyway.

That's not the normal procedure! You had to do this, only because some other program has altered your P3D.EXE, so the Addon Manager couldn't recognize it correctly, but normally you simply activate in P3D, without having to use FSX.

marcanthonystorm

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 05:26:45 pm »
I just had to go in to the regedit because the new JFK V2 wouldn't register.  I renamed the file to JFK V2 and where it had serial number it showed NONE so I erased that and put the serial number.  It worked after I restarted FSX and it ask if you want to register this product now, say Yes and it saves the registration value.  That's all.  Thanks for this posting.