Author Topic: Parking codes with more than four letters  (Read 3179 times)

Trainee_flyboy

Parking codes with more than four letters
« on: February 27, 2013, 06:21:58 pm »
Now I apologise in advance as this isn't really a GSX issue, but its related to GSX and so I thought here would be the best place to get an answer. Having read through the manual on the paint kit the way to almost guarantee the handling agent of a certain parking spot seems to be to add the parking code of that company to the gate in the ADE file? I have done this successfully so far with Swissport and Servisair at Manchester however if I want to assign a gate ans use MENZIES as the parking code, as it is listed in the sim.cfg for the vehicles airport editor won't compile because of an error using more than four letters in the parking code, does anyone know a work around for this besides changing the MENZIES parking code in the sim.cfg files of the vehicles?

Any help would be greatly appreciated because then I can start sharing my work on quite a few airports?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Parking codes with more than four letters
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 06:25:40 pm »
The AFCAD file format doesn't allow for more than 4 characters in the atc_parking_code, the only possible way is to create a fictional 4-letters ICAO for Menzies and then changing all the sim.cfg of the GSX vehicles.

But I don't recommend this solution, both because sim.cfg files might be overwritten by GSX updates, but also because we'll shorty add a feature to allow to freely select the ground operator, from a menu containing all possible choices, sorted by score.

Trainee_flyboy

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 03:41:56 pm »
Ah okay thanks for that, looking forward to the update now! Will that be in the customising stand menu or each time you land in a menu like whether we want follow-me?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 09:27:10 pm »
or each time you land in a menu like whether we want follow-me?

This way.