Developer's Backdoor > Houston Backdoor

KIAH Part 2-Houston Intercontinental Airport

(1/4) > >>

juniormafia27:
Ok I am going to quote something Virtiri wrote back in 2010 about KIAH.  Question was:

I have done search and one time saw KIAH in the running for next scenery poll but do not understand the present status. Do you plan anytime in the near future do KIAH (Houston - George W Bush Intl. Airport)? Like many others that are waiting for scenery to be done for their airport, it seems like only the same airports gets done over and over again.  There was only one other time that KIAH was done in an airport bundle called "Real Airports" by Just Flight.

KIAH was recently released by Blueprint Simulations, which I purchased immediately, and was very disappointed. I uninstalled because I like the default much, much better. Is KIAH still on the list anymore and where bouts?

Thanks

wb2002

Response was:

The next two airports that will be released are KLAX and Hawaii Vol. 2, then KMIA later on. After that, everything is possible.

We had a poll recently, and received good feedback for KIAH, but there were a couple of others that got more votes so, it's surely something we can consider making, but it's not in the 1st in line.

virtuali

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3900.0

My question is.  Are you still going to do KMIA?  If not is Houston still on your radar, better yet is it "1st in line" yet?  Considering it is now 2013 and KIAH has still done well in the polls.  If you are going to do a KMIA.  Could you hury up and do it so we can get Houston back on the map?  :P

virtuali:
We already said in the past that we decided against KMIA in the end, because it's too close to KFLL. So, as I've said in a MUCH way recent post (not from 2010 like the one you posted), which dates last week:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7945.msg67117#msg67117

--- Quote ---We haven't 100% decided on the next airport, but the only thing it's sure, it will be a US airport, KIAH being the most likely candidate because it will be a good companion to KDFW for short 1hr flights but, as I've said, it's not a firm decision. The only sure thing, it will be a US airport.
--- End quote ---

juniormafia27:

--- Quote from: virtuali on February 27, 2013, 10:31:13 am ---We already said in the past that we decided against KMIA in the end, because it's too close to KFLL. So, as I've said in a MUCH way recent post (not from 2010 like the one you posted), which dates last week:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7945.msg67117#msg67117

--- Quote ---We haven't 100% decided on the next airport, but the only thing it's sure, it will be a US airport, KIAH being the most likely candidate because it will be a good companion to KDFW for short 1hr flights but, as I've said, it's not a firm decision. The only sure thing, it will be a US airport.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Cool.  Fair enough. "If" you do decide on KIAH.  Don't forget to include the plane spotting park just to the west of the airport....on Lee Rd. and the 5-6 mile roadway(Houston's Autoban) going into the terminals.  :)

cowings1588:
The New Terminal B on South concourse has been completed.. United.com on facebook has pictures of it.. probably also can be seen at Ifly2houston.com 

Looking forward to a better IAH for FSX..   Hope FSDT is the one that makes IAH..  :) 

juniormafia27:

--- Quote from: cowings1588 on June 23, 2013, 08:05:22 pm ---The New Terminal B on South concourse has been completed.. United.com on facebook has pictures of it.. probably also can be seen at Ifly2houston.com 

Looking forward to a better IAH for FSX..   Hope FSDT is the one that makes IAH..  :) 

--- End quote ---

They are making KIAH

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version