Author Topic: FSX Start-up!  (Read 5968 times)

Herbie

FSX Start-up!
« on: February 18, 2013, 04:11:21 am »
This is the second time, I'm getting that message from Microsoft. I think, uninstalling is wrong. Any way to fix it? Herb

Hnla

Re: FSX Start-up!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 07:16:59 am »
Hi herbie,

That's not a problem with "Microsoft", but most likely you have an outdated version of the Fsdreamteam software.

Which ever sceneries you have installed, re-install using the latest downloads on the site, and your problem most likely will be fixed.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 07:18:38 am by Boone »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 10:05:04 am »
Well not, it's a bit more complex than that.

It's most likely a combined FSX+Windows bug that happens with any module that is digitally signed (doesn't ever happen on Prepar3D, and the module it's the *same*) and sometimes the trust system gets confused.

The first thing to try is just restarting Windows, sometimes that error just goes away. And, in any case, keep allowing the module to run, even if FSX says it might not work, always allow it, even if it crashes, try a couple of times and try again after a Windows restart.

If that doesn't fix it, assuming you are sure you installed the most current version (to be sure, download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX), check the following:

- No compatibility mode is enabled for in the Properties->Compatibility tab for FSX.EXE

- The antivirus is configured to ignore the FSX\bglmanx.dll module

- The FSX\bglmanx.dll is not corrupted for some reason (bad download, or antivirus corrupting it). To verify this, you can right click on it, select the "Digital Signature" tab, and check if it's stil valid. If it's not, it means the file has been altered on your system.

Herbie

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 07:48:48 pm »
Thank You for the explanation, I did checked the Digital Signature and it show OK. Date: January 11. 2013. Best Regards, Herb

Well not, it's a bit more complex than that.

- The antivirus is configured to ignore the FSX\bglmanx.dll module

- The FSX\bglmanx.dll is not corrupted for some reason (bad download, or antivirus corrupting it). To verify this, you can right click on it, select the "Digital Signature" tab, and check if it's stil valid. If it's not, it means the file has been altered on your system.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 09:53:39 pm »
Thank You for the explanation, I did checked the Digital Signature and it show OK. Date: January 11. 2013. Best Regards, Herb

Then you should do some of the other things I've indicated.

Herbie

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 02:46:05 am »
Hello Virtuali!
I had Kaspersky AV program freezing on a update. Uninstall was Not possible, I had to use a uninstaller from their website. After this was done, I installed the 2013 AV update and I went into the program and set: FSX.exe whole folder under Exclusion. After that I did update the "CUATL" and restarted FSX. Now: I think, I did follow your instructions. Best Regards, Herb

[/quote]
Then you should do some of the other things I've indicated.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 02:48:26 am by Herbie »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 11:21:03 am »
Now: I think, I did follow your instructions

You mentioned working on the antivirus only, I've listed several other options to try.

Herbie

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 02:37:22 am »
Of course I needed a restart, I updated the  Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX later on to v.2.9.06
I also checked that the compatibility mode is Not enabled for in the Properties->Compatibility tab for FSX.EXE. and I Rechecked, after update, that the FSX\bglmanx.dll is not corrupted. Best Regards, Herb

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl

Herbie

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 10:14:23 pm »
Check all suggestions posted here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=8172.msg67035#msg67035

I did checked, All is ok with MS runtime entries.
and here:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 10:46:58 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 10:48:22 pm »
I did checked, All is ok with MS runtime entries.

That post suggest a precise set of actions of uninstalling and reinstalling the runtimes, you just can't check if they are ok with a short glimpse.

- Go in the Windows control panel, and Uninstall ALL the instances of the Visual Studio 2005 redistributable runtimes. You might have more than one version: remove them all.

- Then, after removing everything related to VS2005, reinstall again these 3 files:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26347

AFTER installing all the runtimes, it could be useful running Windows Update and update everything, including the optional downloads.

Herbie

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 11:43:17 pm »
Did all this now, Thank you. Herb