Author Topic: Baggage loader textures missing at KDEN  (Read 5791 times)

wanabflyer

Baggage loader textures missing at KDEN
« on: January 21, 2013, 01:12:36 am »
I have had a disaster and had to totally reinstall W7, FSX and all of my add ons. Two things have happened for reasons I have no idea.

1) At Denver Int. (KDEN), GSX works fine except that the baggage loader vehicles ( Those mobile conveyer looking things) are completely black, including the driver. When installing all my FSDT airports and GSX, after install I downloaded the Stand Alone Add-on Manager, but still this happens. Is there a texture config. File that I can edit to cure this?

2) If after installing as above, I then install Flightbeam KSFO (Latest version), GSX just doesn't work properly (including at FSDT airports). The older version played nice with my FSDT addons. Are you aware of any compatibility problems with Flightbeam products?

Rick.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Baggage loader textures missing at KDEN
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 01:16:10 pm »
It's likely both your problems are caused by having installed an old GSX version instead of the current one. If you used an old full installer, you should download the additional vehicles installers (links are here on the forum) and probably the most current Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

It would be probably just easier to simply redownload the latest GSX full installer, which comes with everything updated, including the Addon Manager, so you don't have to download anything extra.

wanabflyer

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 03:06:00 pm »
It's likely both your problems are caused by having installed an old GSX version instead of the current one. If you used an old full installer, you should download the additional vehicles installers (links are here on the forum) and probably the most current Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

It would be probably just easier to simply redownload the latest GSX full installer, which comes with everything updated, including the Addon Manager, so you don't have to download anything extra.

I already downloaded the latest stand alone add-on manager after installing my Zurich, Las Vegas
& GSX in that order

Rick.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 03:08:53 pm »
I already downloaded the latest stand alone add-on manager after installing my Zurich, Las Vegas & GSX in that order

As I've said in my previous message:

If you used an old full installer, you should download the additional vehicles installers (links are here on the forum) and probably the most current Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

That's why I've said that, instead to download the most current Stand-Alone Addon Manager AND the two additional vehicles installers, it would have been easier to just download the latest GSX full installer, which comes with everything updated, including the Addon Manager, so you don't have to download anything extra.

wanabflyer

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 11:05:00 pm »
Regardless of what way I did it, I still think there is a problem with getting these textures or updated vehicles installed.

As I had already downloaded the latest stand alone addon mgr, I ran the live updater as I always did with success before my reinstall of FSX and everything seems to work ok and it indicates that it is installing the updated vehicles etc, but right at the end I get the following message:

ERROR.
You must enter a full path with drive letter for example:
C:\APP

Or a UNC path in the form:
\\SERVER\SHARE

But there is no option to enter this or where to enter it ??? So I assume it is knot updating as I still have black loader vehicles and now vehicles driving through these vehicles and themselves.

Rick.

wanabflyer

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 02:15:05 pm »
Decided to uninstall and download latest installer and got my baggage loader textures, but still have vehicles driving through each other at FSDT-ZURICH. Also driving through baggage loaders. Can I just move theses vehicles out of the way?

Rick.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 02:19:00 pm »
Decided to uninstall and download latest installer and got my baggage loader textures

Which is what I've said you should have done. And, of course, it fixed the problem.

but still have vehicles driving through each other at FSDT-ZURICH. Also driving through baggage loaders. Can I just move theses vehicles out of the way?

You mean vehicles that comes with Zurich ? In that case, it's nothing related to GSX. You can turn off those vehicles by putting the Scenery Complexity Slider down.

wanabflyer

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 03:54:32 pm »
Where is this scenery complexity slider? If you mean the airport vehicles slider in FSX, it is at zero. If you mean within FSDT settings for airports, where is it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 06:39:19 pm »
Where is this scenery complexity slider?

In the Scenery settings tab, not the Traffic tab.

wanabflyer

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 07:24:35 pm »
Thanks Umberto.