Author Topic: GSX - No action  (Read 4376 times)

Whisper

GSX - No action
« on: January 14, 2013, 08:41:13 pm »
I downloaded and installed version 1.7.7.0 for use as trial, properly installed with virusscanner inactive.
After starting FSX I accepted all questions, load the default B737 at gate 120 from EDDM default Munich airport, engines OFF, parkingbrake ON.
Under Add-on I see Addon Manager, Couatl-powered products etc., all ok.
By activation jetways  (Ctrl-J) the jetways move to the aircraft.
I will start GSX by activating keycommand CTRL+F12 as mensioned in the manual, but have no action at all, i expected to see the GSX window !!!
What i am doing wrong ???
I also try Shift+Ctrl+F12, no action.
I did Restart Coualt, no action.
FSX is running in windowed mode

Xcelsior

Re: GSX - No action
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 08:46:54 pm »
I just created a topic about exactly this issue at the same time as you.  I have done the same as you have in trying to get it to work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 09:42:06 pm »
You should check the Couatl menu "Change key assignment", to be sure the key is still CTRL+F12 and no modules using the same key, this might happen if you changed the GSX key assignment in the past to fix a key conflict with something else.

Whisper

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 11:38:14 pm »
OK, it was indead the key assignment, i change it to CTRL+F12 and everything works great.
Now i can start testing this feature.
Thanks for help and fast respond.

Xcelsior

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 07:47:29 am »
I have tried your suggestion and have changes the key mapping a few times and I still dont get the menu.  I notice in the manual, it says "once you arrive at an airport, pres ctrl + f12 to activate GSX", but can I not use it at my departure airport as well?  Ive tried to activate from gate positions, active runway and after taking off and then landing at the same airport, but nothing still.  I hope an answer can be found otherwise, for whatever reason, my computer just wont run GSX.

EDIT:  I tried another key combination and it worked.  Not sure what the other key combinations are linked to as nothing happened.  Thank you for the help.  Now time to enjoy your products to the fullest extent.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 08:11:09 am by Xcelsior »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 12:25:51 pm »
EDIT:  I tried another key combination and it worked.

It surely does.

Not sure what the other key combinations are linked to as nothing happened.  Thank you for the help.  Now time to enjoy your products to the fullest extent.

You probably have *another* product using the same key. Most notable example, IVAP uses the CTRL+F12 key too by default.

Under the Couatl "Key assignment" menu, you can only see key commands for products handled by Couatl, so you can verify for conflicts happening there only between those products. If you have a key conflict with another product, you must to check its own menu too.