Author Topic: Incorrect airport showing  (Read 2974 times)

Papagiorgio

Incorrect airport showing
« on: January 10, 2013, 10:08:43 pm »
Hi,
when loading at KABQ, I'm using Keven Troutman's upgrade in addon scenery, GSX is not recognizing the right airport.  When asking for parking, it only shows the default airport's avilability, C,D and ramp.  When checking the loaded airport thru the Addon menu in FSX, Coutl, it shows the default airport not Kevin Troutman's KABQ, in addon scenery.  So, I cannot get any ground services at gate B3, even thuogh I am at the ugraded airport and I do have it added on as  #1 in the scenery library in FSX.
I had it workin right in my other pc and it was set up the same.
Aiuto,

Papagiorgio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Incorrect airport showing
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 11:27:23 pm »
If that airport is not self-contained (meaning it's a partial airport, supposed to upgrade the default one, not replace it), GSX will not use it, it can only work with a self-contained AFCAD that contains everything needed by GSX in its own file.

Papagiorgio

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 11:35:51 pm »
I had the same airport working with GSX in my other pc.  The ony differences were I was using Vista 32bits and whatever version of GSX was out 6 mos ago.  Now I am using Win 7 64 bits and the current GSX.  I don't think that has anything to do with it.  Is there a way to force GSX to use the airport?

Papagiorgio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 12:07:55 am »
Maybe you have wrong permissions in your system, try to remove manually the C:\ProgramData\Virtuali folder, and recreate it again.

Papagiorgio

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 03:22:31 am »
Fixed the problem.  I copied my Addon senery KABQ fom my old pc and pasted on the new pc.  Now my GSX works fine there.  Apparently something was out of line, what I don't know, thats a problem I  don't care to solve. 

Molto Graci,
Papagiorgio