Author Topic: Reinstalling KJFK  (Read 6198 times)

masondom

Reinstalling KJFK
« on: March 01, 2012, 10:13:52 pm »
Hi Umberto, FSDT team

i reinstalled KJFK tonight but got some kind of "addon unknown" error message.

I thought it was Manhattan X and deactivaded it but its still there.

C:\\program files\********\fsdreamteam\couatl\alut.dll
An error occured when trying to replace the existing file :
DeleteFile failed ; code 5
acces refuse
Click retry to try again....

I already installed KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, GSX, and LSGG.

Any tip ?

Thanks
Dom

masondom

Re: Reinstalling KJFK
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 10:14:57 pm »
Oups

:)And i got this previous message when reinstalling the fsaddon manager

Dom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 11:52:49 pm »
That's a problem caused by having launched FSX when it wasn't entirely closed and all the file locks were released. It's always solved with a Windows reboot.

masondom

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 08:28:13 am »

Thanks !!

GSX is marvelous. I understand that everything is ready to animate some passengers from the forward door to the coaches... ;)

Dom

Fredericia

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 04:26:30 pm »
Maybe not a similar problem  as Masondom, but still a problem in reinstalling JFK. 

Back In January I bought JFK, and it worked just fine, until the point where I also wanted to buy LAX.
I did the exact same thing as I did with JFK, and the test run in LAX came to an end.

So I went to the menu bar, pushed 'Add-ons', then 'Add-on Manager.
Under 'Product' I chose 'Los Angeles V2 and pushed 'Buy on web' button'
Apart form ending up with an icon on my desktop, nothing happened. When I restarted my FSX, it was just the old FSX version I had. I never managed to purchase LAX.

Then I just wanted to see if JFK still worked, but it didn't!!
So I figured, that LAX somehow interrupted the whole thing, so I deleted everything that had to do with LAX. But JFK still didn't work!!?

So. Maybe in an act of desperation (I'm not at all a computer gig), I deleted everything that had to do with FSDT and FSX! Then I installed FSX from scratch, and the game worked just fine. Though it kind of puzzled me, that up in the menu bar, there would still be that 'Add-ons' button originating from my January FSDT download?

So! Here I am, at it again. Trying to reinstall My JFK!

FSX is running, I go up in the menu bar. Push the 'Add-ons' button. Push 'addon manager'.
I then choose FSDT and under 'product' I choose JFK.
Underneath there's a couple of website addresses, and underneath that, it says that:
“Product ACTIVE but Not Installed”.

Underneath that, there are 8 buttons, but only 3 active and they are – 'Backup Regkey' – 'Web Site' – and 'De-Activate'.

One of the remaining – Non Active – 5 buttons, one of them says 'Reinstall', and I fell kind of bad about that, that it's not active!!!

What do I do from here?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 06:15:33 pm »
“Product ACTIVE but Not Installed”.

I don't see how this very clear message can be misunderstood: it means the scenery is already activated so, you don't have to reactivate it again. As explained, countless of times on the forum, you can remove the scenery and remove FSX, you will NOT lose your activation!! The activation is stored in Windows and stays there forever, unless you change major hardware components or reinstall Windows from scratch.

And, the message says the scenery is not installed.

Which means, you simply have to follow what the message is saying, and stop trying "reactivating" it, since it's already active, and simply INSTALL it. Use Trial version that, of course, being already activated (as the above message says) once installed will work as a full version.

Fredericia

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 09:50:42 pm »
It works :o

Thank you for your exceptional patience.  ;D

Cden46

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 03:16:19 pm »
Hi ihave a problem with my JFK scenery although it's installed it's not showing active in the add on manager
All my other scenery such as LAX KORD KDFW etc...... Is showing active furthermore when I try to reinstall
Subsequently the scenery disappears when I click on reg key button what initial steps can I take to make this work thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 09:36:30 pm »
Hi ihave a problem with my JFK scenery although it's installed it's not showing active in the add on manager

So you have exactly the opposite problem of the other poster. If the scenery is listed as installed, but not active, it means you need to activate it with the "Register Serial" function of the Addon Manager.

when I try to reinstall

Sometimes, I fail to understand what's is so unclear about our messages: the previous poster had a message that said the scenery was "Active but Not installed", and tried to fix it by re-activating, when it should have being reinstalled.

You have the opposite message, telling the scenery is "Not Active and Installed", and you are trying to fix it by reinstalling it, when you should activate it...

the scenery disappears when I click on reg key button what initial steps can I take to make this work thanks

It's not possible the scenery disappears as soon as you click the button, unless you press it exactly 5 minutes after FSX started, so it's disappearing not because you pressed the button, but because the Trial time expired.

There aren't any steps, other than select the scenery, click "Register Serial" and type you Serial Number.