Author Topic: pushback options  (Read 3805 times)

burton

pushback options
« on: January 06, 2013, 08:58:56 am »
When a parking position is in a corner, is it possible to add a "push straight" option to the list.
At some airports pushing one way (eg EGGP gate 51), the aircraft is pushed through the blast barriers, pushing the other way leaves the aircraft facing the wrong direction. Neither option is realistic.

boilerbill

Re: pushback options
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 09:02:40 pm »
There have been several requests for this. As I recall, Umberto has said the development team will look into the possibility.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

metalmike

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 07:34:09 pm »
Hey, did a search and thought I'd bump this thread...Just curious if straight back pushes are still being considered for addition to GSX? They're quite common IRL.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 09:59:33 pm »
Yes, we are still considering doing this. Right now, the 1st priority is to get the de-icers done.

cowings1588

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 07:52:46 am »
About the deicers.. Is there a way to set it that if they do just type 1 they can spray at the gate other wise If I need type 4 I will need to go to the De-Icing Pad.. That's how we do it in real life.. If they only need type 1 spray to knock off the snow or  little bit of frost we can do it at the gate anything else they have to go to the Pad for Deicing..  

Or if need be for game sake we just report to the Deicing pad anyway for both ??
COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 07:02:20 pm »
Or if need be for game sake we just report to the Deicing pad anyway for both ??

As I've already said in my previous message about deicers, the entire concept of a deicing area, is not obviously something that GSX can make it out automatically, but it would require an airport customization.

Which means, by default, lacking any better information, deicers will only work at the gate, surely in the first release. We'll probably introduce deicing areas later, with the ability to customize them ( either by us or by users ).

cowings1588

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 03:43:47 am »
Ok, Thanks
COA
Bill