Author Topic: CYVR OOM when using PMDG NGX and ORBX PNW  (Read 92990 times)

tf51d

Re: CYVR OOM when using PMDG NGX and ORBX PNW
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2013, 04:05:58 am »

I am starting to feel like the default vancouver area [like seattle] is very poorly modelled in terms of performance.

HAs anyone worked out how to rid this area of the issues? I still get awful performance here

That's not a fair assessment, taken alone, it's probably no more then any other airport they develop. When you combine that though with the most detail rich general area scenery area (ORBX) and the most detailed aircraft which eats Virtual address space (NGX), on a 32bit platform, what do you expect? It's not the airport that is the issue it's the combination of all 3, The airport scenery is just the straw that broke the camels back.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:09:51 am by tf51d »

chabrias

« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2013, 12:59:46 pm »
I have to agree the comment is unfair. I've run CYVR with all the PMDG NGXs and default scenery and traffic and other addons without a hitch. I've had the OOM problem when I've included Orbx PNW. I've changed the plane and the problem goes away. I think the simple fact is CYVR is as high-end as you get as far as airports go - PMDG planes are the high-end of Aircraft - and Orbx the high-end of scenery. Your asking a lot of even the best available systems to handle all three at once. I find simply cranking back some of my other addons gets rid of the issue.The answer lies in freeing up the system from other tasks and running as clean as you can. Haven't tried the DX10 solution yet - will give that a go. It's also a bit much to ask the developers of these products to consider every other bit of software when making their product. They all produce outstanding work that performs well (individually) within the main FSX framework. That or rewrite the FSX code so it better uses memory - hyperthreading etc etc (Now who wouldn't pay money for that!)  :)

shipdriver

« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2013, 08:55:55 pm »

I am starting to feel like the default vancouver area [like seattle] is very poorly modelled in terms of performance.

HAs anyone worked out how to rid this area of the issues? I still get awful performance here
If you think the default Vancouver has issues, you could try Vancouver+ V3, but I think you will find it harder on your system. I run ORBX PNW, Vancouver+ V3, REX (at 1024 and lower settings), CYVR (at 2048) and the iFly 737NG (not exactly a lightweight) and have never had an OOM in a variety of seasons and weather conditions. Seattle is definitely overloaded, but I don't think Vancouver is in the same category. Of course, I have a different slider profile (lower autogen, cloud density and car traffic) for airliners than for GA. 

Hnla

« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2013, 11:19:46 pm »

It's not "poorly modeled", and there isn't anything "wrong" with the area.

Just like Seattle, and New York area, they present quite a bit of custom scenery objects. In JFK, there are hundreds of custom buildings to represent Manhattan, and Vancouver in FSX has quite a bit of custom objects in the ports, downtown, etc. Same with seattle.

Of coarse, you can always turn this down with the "scenery complexity" slider, but you may sacrifice losing objects in your custom scenery add-ons.

Michael Moe

« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2013, 09:05:48 am »
Try switch to DX10 - its a OOM/VAS killer (saving 1GB here )

Michael Moe
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 09:13:20 am by Michael Moe »

windshear

« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2013, 02:41:49 pm »
I have jagged edges when running in DX10, have you resolved it?
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark