Author Topic: Disappearing Jetways  (Read 7926 times)

Kyle

Disappearing Jetways
« on: January 03, 2013, 10:57:32 pm »
I'm having this issue in KLAX and KLAS FSDT scenery for FSX where when I approach jetways, most of the jetway disappears. This happens while also zooming from a distance to view the jetways. This only seems to happen when I spawn somewhere other than a gate. Spawning at the gate works fine, while landing and taxiing to a jetway results in this error.

I've seen posts regarding this, only all of those users had AES. I only have KLAX and KLAS FSDT sceneries, GSX installed for these airport, and the 737NGX.

Any help is appreciated.

Kyle

Re: Disappearing Jetways
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 11:47:22 pm »
Just to clarify:

This problem only seems to happen when I depart from an airport other than the scenery in question. For example, if I flew KLAX-KLAS, KLAX would look fine while KLAS jetways would disappear once I got near them. The same is true if I depart an airport with default scenery and land at either FSDT KLAX or KLAS. The jetways at the FSDT airports will disappear at close range. I've taken a before and after picture to demonstrate this. Both pictures contain .40 zoom. The second picture is taken with the aircraft slightly closer to the jetways.

Normal Jetways (at a distance): http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8210/goodk.png

Bad Jetways (up close): http://imageshack.us/a/img837/7640/badvv.png

The jetways on default scenery do not have this error.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 01:13:07 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 01:14:38 am »
First, you should post Screenshots according to the "Screenshot posting rules posted" here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3076.0

Especially if you post such large images (best using jpg, not png), so I've edited your post to speed up page loading.

In any case, first try to use a more realistic zoom level, like 0.60-0.70, and see if if makes any difference.

Kyle

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 02:32:19 am »
Sorry about the picture formatting; I'll make sure to abide by that from now on.

I tried .70 zoom and still no luck. I actually have an even weirder error now. I landed at KLAX at night time and the building frames were visible but the buildings were missing and transparent. I'll post a picture tomorrow.

What's even more strange is (referring to the jetway issue) it might be intermittent. I flew KLAS-KLAX with no problems. Yet KLAS-KLAX resulted in missing buildings and jetways. Any help is appreciated (and all post that picture as soon as I can).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 03:07:20 am »
I tried .70 zoom and still no luck. I actually have an even weirder error now. I landed at KLAX at night time and the building frames were visible but the buildings were missing and transparent. I'll post a picture tomorrow.

That's surely a problem of your video card, most likely video memory corruption, due to one of the following:

- A video driver bug. Update your video driver and reset it to default options.

- A FSX setting or tweak that shouldn't be applied.

Try to reset your FSX.CFG to default, by removing the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file, then apply only the HIGHMEM=1 tweak (using the Addon Manager)

Kyle

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 05:23:40 am »
I'll try this tomorrow and let you know what happens. Thanks again for your help on this.

Kyle

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 02:43:10 am »
I landed at KLAS and everything looked good except the Atlantic buildings and a few other smaller buildings were missing. There were black boxes on the ground of where they'd usually be.

My video card drivers are up to date and reset to original defaults. I've yet to try removing my FSX config, so I'll try that now.

Kyle

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 03:46:25 am »
Hi Again,

I did go through everything that you instructed and am still experiencing the disappearing jetway symptom. Essentially, it is like the opposite of textures loading when you come in range. At a certain distance from each jetway it disappears. Not all of them at once, but individually at a certain distance. Thank you

Kyle

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 03:53:25 am »
One further thing I've noticed at KLAX is that the airport was split with correct textures and blurry textures. Take a look at these pictures:

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/7102/bad3.png

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7429/bad4t.png

Any help is appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 12:00:47 pm »
The scenery is made in tiles, just be sure you have HD textures On, because if they are off, those seams are more noticeable. But they won't go away entirely.

Kyle

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 07:09:40 pm »
Enabled. Thank you.

Kyle

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 06:03:26 am »
I'm not really sure what did it but everything seems to be working now. Thanks a bunch for the help, Umberto.