Author Topic: Missed grass an some buldings  (Read 6459 times)

zannu

Missed grass an some buldings
« on: December 31, 2012, 12:35:33 pm »
Hi Virtuali, i bought on the web by paypal your scenery but some is missing... this is my screenshoot, i try the suggest post in the other topic to antivirus off and reinstallation but notigh seems working..
Please help!

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1029/catturaqt.png
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 03:35:38 pm by virtuali »

StevenK

Re: Missed grass an some buldings
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 01:38:01 pm »
make sure you don't have any other scenery file for Zurich in the scenery manager
Steven Kiberton
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 3.3Ghz | Coolermaster Hyper TX3 | ASUS Motherboard M5A 78L-M | 16GB DDR3 RAM | EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1gb PCI Express DDR3 DVI HDMI | 750w Corsair AX750 | 1TB HDD + 120GB SSD | x2 - 20" WideScreen Monitors

zannu

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 01:50:17 pm »
Thanks for your fast reply, I see in the scenery library inside FSX but no other zurich scenery I never installad othere zurich scenery

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 03:35:14 pm »
First, you should post Screenshots according to the "Screenshot posting rules posted" here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3076.0

Especially if you post such large images (best using jpg, not png).

In any case, the problem is not the Zurich scenery, but most likely another AFCAD in conflict. Fact that you haven't installed another Zurich scenery, doesn't mean you don't have a conflict, the most likely cause it's an AFCAD that came with an AI Traffic product like My Traffic or Traffic X, which is causing the problem.

Use the free FSX Airport Scanner program to search for AFCAD duplicates, and remove all the extra. If that program can't find them, manually go to the folder of the AFCADs of your AI Traffic package, and search for something that looks like related to Zurich.

zannu

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 04:23:07 pm »
Thanks for your reply but nothing find by FSX Scannere where I can find the AFCAD folders? I have WOAI traffic installed
thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 06:28:55 pm »
where I can find the AFCAD folders? I have WOAI traffic installed

They can be anywhere, the only thing sure, it's you have a conflicting scenery. It's possible it's not a AFCAD-type scenery, which means the FSX Airport Scanner can't find it, the only way is to search for it manually in all your folders.

altstiff

• My F/O is a dog
    • Visit my flightsim blog..
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 10:00:47 pm »
Thanks for your reply but nothing find by FSX Scannere where I can find the AFCAD folders? I have WOAI traffic installed
thanks

After testing I can confirm that this issue only happens on DECEMBER 31st. Must be a cusp day (winter to hard winter?). I know Fly Tampa Vienna had this issue is FS9 on November 20th (textures missing on one day only) and George saying it had to do with the date change from one season in the sim to the next.

My advice? Don't fly to/from LSZH on December 31st in the sim 

StevenK

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 10:30:08 pm »
After testing I can confirm that this issue only happens on DECEMBER 31st.
My advice? Don't fly to/from LSZH on December 31st in the sim  ;D

Yes same here December 31st = problem
December 30th = no problems

all other FSDT scenerys seem to be ok it only happens at LSZH
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 10:32:35 pm by StevenK »
Steven Kiberton
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 3.3Ghz | Coolermaster Hyper TX3 | ASUS Motherboard M5A 78L-M | 16GB DDR3 RAM | EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1gb PCI Express DDR3 DVI HDMI | 750w Corsair AX750 | 1TB HDD + 120GB SSD | x2 - 20" WideScreen Monitors

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 01:48:20 am »
That's an interesting find. Apparently, nobody flew on Dec. 31th for the past 5 years since Zurich has been released, since there's some code that checks for winter textures and it might cause this, and if there's a problem, it's been there since 2007, but nobody noticed it so far...

altstiff

• My F/O is a dog
    • Visit my flightsim blog..
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 06:56:41 am »
Or maybe the updated version hes somehting to do with it.

As I said, I had an issue with LOWW from FT with the same problem of a certain day of the year the textures would be missing due to being on the cusp of fall to winter textures.

No worries, just get hurry up and get CYVR done so we can do some CYVR - PHNL legs  ;D

StevenK

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 11:42:57 am »
Well if he looks at it this way he has 364 days left to find the issue, so no rush :) hahaha
Steven Kiberton