Author Topic: Key Mappings  (Read 2604 times)

MAC.perez

Key Mappings
« on: November 29, 2012, 08:02:30 pm »
In menu i have two mappings,
in the manual does not detail what each one
can someone explain?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Key Mappings
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 09:36:28 pm »
It's a new feature we just added that I haven't find the time to put in the manual yet. The new hotkey it's shortcut to access GSX directly without passing through the YouControl menu on a scenery (typically FSDT sceneries) that has its own YouControl menu.

Before this addition, if you were on an FSDT airport and pressed CTRL+F12, you first had to go through an intermediate menu that asked if you wanted GSX OR that airport YouControl menu (that controls special scenery features, like opening hangars, special jetways, etc.).

Now, if you use the alternative hotkey CTRL+Shift+F12, you'll go straight in GSX without passing through the YouControl choice menu, saving one menu step.

It might be a useful feature for users with programmable joysticks/keypad (or even speech control) that can create macros to control GSX almost hands-free, without having to worry if the airport has a YouControl menu or not, which will screw up their macros.

StevenK

Re: Key Mappings
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 11:42:51 pm »
It might be a useful feature for users

I never even noticed that.
Thank you Umberto for a "simple" way to get the GSX menu up
Steven Kiberton
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 3.3Ghz | Coolermaster Hyper TX3 | ASUS Motherboard M5A 78L-M | 16GB DDR3 RAM | EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1gb PCI Express DDR3 DVI HDMI | 750w Corsair AX750 | 1TB HDD + 120GB SSD | x2 - 20" WideScreen Monitors