Author Topic: Couldnt find valid AFCAD data  (Read 15119 times)

Odinsson

Re: Couldnt find valid AFCAD data
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 03:18:44 pm »
...No, it's not. Nothing has "stopped". That sign stays there for a finite amount of seconds, then it goes away. It will not stay until it reaches 100%, the program was still working...

I'm very sorry, but what do you want to tell me?

Yes it stopps. Everytime I press ctrl + 12 to open the GSX popup Window I see the same textline is coming back to the top of the 3D-Window of FSX that shows: "[GSX] Regeneratin airport cache (49 %), please wait..."

Seconds and minutes and hours after start - the same thing. And nothing more happens. And everytime it shows 49 %!

I have deinstalled GSX completely once more. I have rebooted the system. I have defragged the registry database, rebooted the system once more and reinstalled GSX using the newest completeinstaller of GSX from your homepage. The same problem.

I had deleted the virtuali\couatl folder as you described it, after that I created them via folder programdata right click --> new --> folder. Both folders, the virtuali and the subfolder couatl, are empty. The same result in FSX after restart.

What is wrong about this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 03:42:10 pm »
Yes it stopps. Everytime I press ctrl + 12 to open the GSX popup Window I see the same textline is coming back to the top of the 3D-Window of FSX that shows: "[GSX] Regeneratin airport cache (49 %), please wait..."

No, it doesn't. 49% doesn't mean much, it might be 49% of a long process or a very short one, depending if there are many new sceneries to be updated or not.

But your issue is the program can't write to the cache folder ( C:\ProgramData\Virtuali ), because you have a permission problem so, it's not that it has stopped, it never began in the first place.

I have deinstalled GSX completely once more. I have rebooted the system. I have defragged the registry database, rebooted the system once more and reinstalled GSX using the newest completeinstaller of GSX from your homepage. The same problem.

I don't understand why you keep doing different things to what I've asked. I haven't said anything about defragging the registry, rebooting Windows, etc. If the problem had anything to do with the registry, I would have told you so.

I had deleted the virtuali\couatl folder as you described it, after that I created them via folder programdata right click --> new --> folder. Both folders, the virtuali and the subfolder couatl, are empty.

If it's empty, then try to remove the whole "Virtuali" folder, and recreate it manually, then try again.

Don't do anything else that I haven't explicitly said to do. Just do this, and launch FSX (with GSX installed, obviously)

Odinsson

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 04:40:24 pm »
Perhaps, it can be, that my English is to poor to communicate with you.

Another once:

I close FSX.

I start Win Explorer.

I go to folder C:\ProgramData. This folder contains the subfolder \Virtuali and this one the subfolder \Couatl. The last one contains two files 1.) files.bin (about 44 kB) 2.) meta.txt (0 kB, empty txt file)

I go back to the ProgramData folder and delete or remove or what ever the Virtuali\Coutal folders completely.

So, there is no Virtuali folder in PrrogramData folder.

The next step: I go to ProgramData folder klick with the right mouse button and go to the popped up item "new" and in the next step to the item "folder". Then I put in "Virtuali" to create the new folder "Virtuali". After doing this I go to the new created Virtuali folder an do the same things as one step before. I put in the name "Couatl". Now there are no files in it. That's all in Explorer. I close it.

Now I start FSX. I let boot it and I start my standard flight. When 3d-window of FSX comes up, the above so much described textline comes to life. at first 21%, then 47%, then 49% in a couple of seconds. Then the textline goes away. After about 10 or 20 minutes I press "ctrl + 12" to open the GSX poup window, and the regenerating textline with the displayed 49% comes back. Nothing more happens.

What shall I do now? What is wrong now?

To clear it up. I have tried this any times without any succes. The other things, I 've described in the post above, I tried hoping to get a positive result for me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 04:51:10 pm »
What shall I do now? What is wrong now?

It's possible you have a corrupted AFCAD in your system. Try to DISABLE all items in the Scenery Library which are not default, then exit FSX and enter again, and see if the cache update completes.

If if does, you will then re-enable each item in the Scenery Library, and have it re-create the cache each time (exiting and re-entering FSX each time) until you find in which folder the offending file is.

Odinsson

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 05:16:34 pm »
Thank you, the disabeling of the Scenery Addons solves the problem at the first. Puh, I beleave there will come a long night (another one) to me to find out, which Addon is the "devil".  ;D Thank you!