Author Topic: the good old missing buildings  (Read 5069 times)

fsxnate

the good old missing buildings
« on: January 07, 2013, 05:10:51 pm »
Hey folks,

I'm new around the forum but have used FSDT KJFK for a long time and love it!  Unfort I seem to have lost my buildings and I'll give you a little background.   I kept getting an update icon but always hit 3 to ignore it, the reason being is every time I'd run it, it seemed to pop up the next time I start flight simulator as if it didn't update?  So the buildings are gone for some reason.  I went ahead and deactivated then reactivated....even on trial mode the buildings are not there for the temp sample time.  I uninstalled FSDT from programs and reinstalled, it reinstalled and said KFJK was activated? is there a clean uninstall?  I do use REX and PMDG, I saw somewhere about Simconnect and the number of channels it uses causing an error? if so how do I verify that?

here is my specs:

Windows 7 64bit
I7930 CPU
6GB RAM
HD Radeon 7970 GPU

let me know what I can do to get this back on the road!

thanks,

Nate

fsxnate

Re: the good old missing buildings
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 05:34:54 pm »
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4789.0

I'm going to try following this thread and see where I'm at, will let you know! ;)

fsxnate

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 05:52:39 pm »
still no buildings 8)

whats weird is even after following that thread and reinstalling, adding the exceptions to anti virus etc I still don't get the "Couatl powered products" menu.  Thoughts?

thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 06:14:33 pm »
You can try the Simconnect diagnostic, to see exactly why it doesn't start:

Open Notepad, and copy the following text:

Code: [Select]
[SimConnect]
level=normal
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic messages: the FIRST 10 lines or so are important: you should try to note what they are saying. If the text scrolls too fast, use the Pause key on the keyboard.

fsxnate

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 09:56:10 pm »
it was super fast, and the Pause/Break key did not slow it down or stop it, so unfort not able to read those first 10 command lines ??? :P any other thoughts at this moment? I'm probably going to reinstall everything again (like starting fresh) but If I can get this going instead I'd like to ha ha.

fsxnate

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 01:24:12 am »
I was pretty close to just reinstalling my entire operating system, so after installing Vanilla FSX and going right to FSDT KJFK its working again, thanks though for the help!

Kind regards,

Nate ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 11:48:33 am »
I was pretty close to just reinstalling my entire operating system, so after installing Vanilla FSX and going right to FSDT KJFK its working again, thanks though for the help!

So that you know in case it happens again, your problem was likely missing/corrupted Visual C++ libraries, that our modules requires to run, and repairing the FSX installation has probably restored them.