Author Topic: Lihue - Scripting Engine Error  (Read 11928 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Lihue - Scripting Engine Error
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 04:34:46 pm »
If you will read my post carefully, you would have noticed that I used current Downloads.

I obviously did but, since you can't possibly know WHEN they were updated, you just can't be sure or simply said I shouldn't tell you to download them again, because (guess what) they HAVE been updated.

is different in binary content from that I downloaded 1,5 days ago. So you have changed things. I wonder if that has to do with my issue.

Which is why, I told you to download again. Check GSX too, the most current version is 1.7.6, and it has been updated on 27.11 too.

But I guess, you will never tell.

And why, exactly, are you saying this ?

The only thing changed, is that it contains the new option to suppress non-important GSX message, so it's aligned to the latest GSX Live Update even when launched offline.

No Exception Error at PHLI.

No KORD entries in the Couatl.log.

So it's working now ?

As I've told you, you must have had something outdated or didn't uninstall entirely or missed the order of the installation or you got an older version of a file (the one included with the installer) when you ran without the network connection.

Only GSX and the Addon Manager installer are constantly updated to align online and offline content, the scenery installers are updated less often, which means it's best not to install them without network connection or, if you do, the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer should be ran immediately after.

P.S.: btw. have a look at the ground markings and light/shade spots of i.e. the taxiway lights. They all 'float' on the ground which means that you see them different regarding of the POV you are looking from.

That's normal, they ARE raised a bit, because otherwise they would flicker horribly, all sceneries are made like this, you have noticed it only because your viewpoint is very close.

Even default ground markings in FSX (see for example the security red markings for default jetways) are made like this.