Author Topic: Trying to allocate single Hotkey for GSX?  (Read 2991 times)

XCLTM3

Trying to allocate single Hotkey for GSX?
« on: November 25, 2012, 06:22:37 am »
And yes, I searched the forum on this prior to posting.

I wish to allocate a different hotkey for ease of use. Trying "Num 2" rather than "Ctrl-F12" within the settings but it is not working. Even tried "Alt-Num2", "Ctrl-Num2" and "Shift-Num2". These are not allocated within FSX as I removed them. EZCA does not use Num2.

I know that GSX uses Num2 when in Slew Mode for customizing parking positions, etc. But shouldn't that mean it is only used when in slew mode. Therefore, when in normal GSX mode within FSX I can use Num2. (Much rather a singular key press than double).

Appreciate some assistance,

Rgds,

Steve
Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Trying to allocate single Hotkey for GSX?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 01:50:36 pm »
These are not allocated within FSX as I removed them. EZCA does not use Num2.

They are used by FSX, that's likely why you can't reassign them, when the "NumLock" is ON, the Num 2 is used to control the viewpoint to point backwards, and when the "NumLock" is OFF, is used to control Elevator Up.

I know that GSX uses Num2 when in Slew Mode for customizing parking positions

Yes and not only that. GSX DOES NOT use "Num2", at all. GSX doesn't have any notion of the actual key press, is not so dumb to respond to key presses directly, it only responds to FSX *events*, so it will still work and allowing you to redefine them in FSX. This means, the key used when inside the customize parking features, will be the one that are currently assigned to the Slew keys so yes, it happens to be Num2 by default, but that can changed and GSX will still see it.

XCLTM3

Re: Trying to allocate single Hotkey for GSX?
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 02:55:07 am »
As Usual Umberto,

thanks again for the great service and quick response!

Much appreciated!

Rgds,

Steve
Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio