Author Topic: marshall animation  (Read 4474 times)

steve747

marshall animation
« on: November 24, 2012, 12:50:36 pm »
hi
when i downloaded the demo everything was just fine all animations was superb.
the animation for the marshall is not walking hes sliding along the tarmac,also he doesnt seem to animate his arms at all...

hope you can help
steve747

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: marshall animation
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 04:51:54 pm »
This has been discussed many times on the forum. It's not a GSX problem (and of course is not different in the Trial, since the Trial is exactly the same as the purchased version), but it's an automatic FSX fps optimization, that disables all animations after a certain viewing distance, or with a too wide zoom settings.

Zoom in a bit and/or move your viewpoint closer to the airplane, and the animations will work normally.

steve747

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 06:34:17 pm »
fps was the issue.

working 100%

many thanx

B777ER

Re: Re: Re: marshall animation
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 03:34:20 pm »
This has been discussed many times on the forum. It's not a GSX problem (and of course is not different in the Trial, since the Trial is exactly the same as the purchased version), but it's an automatic FSX fps optimization, that disables all animations after a certain viewing distance, or with a too wide zoom settings.

Zoom in a bit and/or move your viewpoint closer to the airplane, and the animations will work normally.

My zoom is at 1.00 in virtual cockpit.  The marshaller works fine at the first airport but at any subsequent ones the animation for his legs stops on the second and any subsequent pushbacks. This is when viewed from the vc.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Eric

jimmynes

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 04:03:06 pm »
Is anything ever going to be done about this.
It is not a FPS optimization issue or a zoom issue.
On a turnaround flight during the pushback the
wingwalker slides instead of walking on the tarmac
with the aircraft.

There have been several posts about this over
the last year and a half while the same answer has
been given each time and when a customer replies
that the problem still persists their is no reply.

I would like a proper reply to whether
this is going to be fixed or not!!!

Regards, Jimmy.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 04:14:10 pm by jimmynes »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 04:29:38 pm »
It is not a FPS optimization issue or a zoom issue.

It obviously is, as you can check for a message in this very thread by steve747, which confirmed the zoom settign fixed his problem.

On a turnaround flight during the pushback the wingwalker slides instead of walking on the tarmac with the aircraft.

That's a DIFFERENT issue altogether, and it was reported by only another user, and by you now. So, it will be obviously looked at, but you are wrong saying "it's not a zoom setting issue", because it is, most of the times, for most users. Now that we have at least two reports of ANOTHER problem, happening ONLY after subsequent flights, we might look into it.

Gerwil

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 10:53:14 pm »
Add me as the third one :)

In FSX the animation always worked but in P3D2 it too often doesn't.
My zoom is always at 50%, was in FSX, is now in P3D.

But personally I don't think its zoom related, in that case the animation into the
parking spot would also refuse to work. But it doesn't, it always works.
It's only the wing walker that slides, but it does happen that when I rotate the view
just a little, the animation continues, rotating it back and the animation stops again.

Regards, Gerrit