Author Topic: GSX and the green line ...  (Read 13006 times)

krwynn

Re: GSX and the green line ...
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 11:55:38 pm »

I can only repeat and confirm the green line, but itself, is NOT causing fps nor flashes. It seems the problem is caused by the ENB series which, as tested with KLAX, is able to bring down fps A LOT, which is understandable, because KLAX use shaders a lot, and the ENB series does to and, GPU power is not an unlimited resource.

That may be possible. I'll have to check.

What you are describing is NOT the normal "green line" but, instead, is the RED text that is indicating GSX is updating its cache. It should appear ONLY if you added a new scenery, it shouldn't appear at every FSX startup.

True. I have 4 pages of payware airports I've purchased. All of yours, all Flytampa, all Flightbeam, all PacSim, and a ton from Aerosoft. So yes, it updates quite a bit.

If it does on your system, it means you have either a permission problem in your folder (running FSX As Administrator should fix this IF this is the problem) OR another FSX addon is keep changing .BGLs at every startup, forcing GSX to update its cache at every FSX start.

It is most likely ENB. I have yet to have a permission problem in 3 years. Not to say I can't now, but it's extremely unlikely.

Nothing of this is caused by the normal "green line" texts, which are white over green.

Thats 100% correct. Only the red text on green.
Freeware Developer - FSX Pompeii Italy and Mount Vesuvius

krwynn

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2012, 02:36:29 am »
I just checked with ENB disabled and you were correct. The flashing stopped on the red over green text.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2012, 11:13:27 am »
True. I have 4 pages of payware airports I've purchased. All of yours, all Flytampa, all Flightbeam, all PacSim, and a ton from Aerosoft. So yes, it updates quite a bit.

It's not really a problem having many sceneries, this means the first time GSX runs it might take a while to create its cache, but this should be done only once and when you add a new scenery (or change the order of the Scenery Library), not at every FSX startup.

If GSX has to update its entire cache at every FSX startup, either there's a problem with permissions OR you (or some other addon) is changing the Scenery Library constantly, like an utility that creates BGLs automatically at every startup maybe ?

krwynn

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2012, 10:17:37 pm »

It's not really a problem having many sceneries, this means the first time GSX runs it might take a while to create its cache, but this should be done only once and when you add a new scenery (or change the order of the Scenery Library), not at every FSX startup.

If GSX has to update its entire cache at every FSX startup, either there's a problem with permissions OR you (or some other addon) is changing the Scenery Library constantly, like an utility that creates BGLs automatically at every startup maybe ?

It's me adding new scenery. I usually add a new scenery and let it stay at the top of the priority order to check and make sure everything looks ok. After that I move it to where it should be in the order of the scenery. I prioritize from west to east. I'm pretty sure I'm the culprit for making it create it the cache so often.

matrix98

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 05:12:01 pm »
Dear Manager, I have the same issue that Mr initially opened post. If I understand the solution that gives you is to cut the frames of video editing, not, for I will pose another solution, less outlandish than it gives you is not preferable that the development team, implement a box which allows disabling these lines in green? as any of the addons I have installed and have no such problem, call fspassenger or Rex, etc.. Do not forget that we have you purchased a product that is supposed quality and if there is not one but several customers that pose the need for it is solvent, just respect for fueling their business and make them work, should take into account the logical suggestions that arise.

greetings

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 06:41:53 pm »
as any of the addons I have installed and have no such problem, call fspassenger or Rex, etc..

What "problem" are you referring to ? The flashing ? As already explained and confirmed, it's NOT a GSX problem, it's caused by the ENB series program, and it doesn't happen normally.

In any case, I don't see why the problem is, if you followed the forum, it was already confirmed WE WILL add an option to optionally remove that line, it's just not possible NOW so, for the time being, you'll have to edit the video UNTIL that option is included in GSX, and it was already scheduled to be included in an upgrade way before this thread started.

matrix98

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2012, 10:52:49 am »
Dear Manager, I am delighted to hear that the development team is implementing this option. Perhaps because of my poor English, he understood that Vds were not for the work, you can delete the messages emerging Fsground.
Comment I belong to one of the largest in Spain Fsx Forums and dedicate myself to make videos of flights, one FsGround show and all members who have loved viewing them.
I hang up the link if it is of interest:

Regards and Thanks

matrix98

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2012, 12:58:23 pm »
I have to say that although in this video are all kinds of pop-ups, now the other productions in which I am working, I have completely eliminated. I make this comment because my previous post can be interpreted as contradictory.

greetings

StevenK

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2012, 01:10:33 am »
the best thing to do if you dont want the green line to show when recording your videos is this

When the green message shows "Right Click" on the green bar
Go to "Un-Dock"
Move to another window or to the bottom of the screen so it only shows a small amount
Click back on the main window of FSX
Record your flight
Edit your video (During editing add a small black border to the top and bottom

Job done

This is all i do and the result is perfect, not a green box in sight
This also removes the ones for ATIS, Member Joined, Member Left ect...
Steven Kiberton
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 3.3Ghz | Coolermaster Hyper TX3 | ASUS Motherboard M5A 78L-M | 16GB DDR3 RAM | EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1gb PCI Express DDR3 DVI HDMI | 750w Corsair AX750 | 1TB HDD + 120GB SSD | x2 - 20" WideScreen Monitors

matrix98

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2012, 07:26:23 pm »

Dear, I want to express from here, my sincerest thanks to the entire development team, I think, has demonstrated professionalism and good work in the emerging topic posts. I have to say I have done my best surpassing expectations. I greatly pleased to have acquired such an excellent product, both for the quality of the product and its technical team.

Thank you with all my heart.