Author Topic: Vehicles  (Read 5573 times)

MAC.perez

Vehicles
« on: November 27, 2012, 02:07:21 pm »
Good day

It is possible to locate the vehicles to the side of the terminal and  these  travel by the vehicle routes to the aircraft.?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 02:15:33 pm by MAC.perez »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 09:45:29 pm »
I'm not sure to understand your question, and your screenshot too, please explain.

Douglas

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 10:58:50 pm »
For the screenshot it seems that the scenario is not self-sufficient. The GSX operates according to the AFCAD airport. You can edit the position of vehicles in the program options. Can not set the route that vehicles do.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 11:13:34 pm »
For the screenshot it seems that the scenario is not self-sufficient.

Still not very clear. Please explain better.

The GSX operates according to the AFCAD airport.

Yes, that's exactly how GSX works. It doesn't know anything about the scenery, except from the AFCAD.

You can edit the position of vehicles in the program options.

Sure.

Can not set the route that vehicles do.

For vehicles that comes from far away (Catering, Follow Me and Fuel Truck), since they follow the AFCAD, you can set their route by editing the AFCAD. They take the "vehicles" paths by preference so, if your scenery AFCAD has them, it will usually work better, since it minimize the chances of conflicts with other airplanes.

For vehicles that starts on the parking, you can set their starting position, and they will go to the airplane door so, even if you can't set the route directly, the "route" to go from the starting position to the airplane door will obviously depend by your chosen starting position, starting heading, and airplane type so, you have some control on it.

MAC.perez

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 04:19:32 am »

"For vehicles that starts on the parking, you can set their starting position, and they will go to the airplane door so, even if you can't set the route directly, the "route" to go from the starting position to the airplane door will obviously depend by your chosen starting position, starting heading, and airplane type so, you have some control on it."
[/quote]

This is the example. All vehicles starts adjacent to the terminal and they will go to the airplane. Why  they dont use the path?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 04:23:30 am by MAC.perez »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 10:26:38 am »
All vehicles starts adjacent to the terminal and they will go to the airplane. Why  they dont use the path?

As I've said:

For vehicles that comes from far away (Catering, Follow Me and Fuel Truck), since they follow the AFCAD, you can set their route by editing the AFCAD. They take the "vehicles" paths by preference so, if your scenery AFCAD has them, it will usually work better, since it minimize the chances of conflicts with other airplanes.

Only "vehicles that comes from far away", takes the AFCAD paths. Of course, the AFCAD paths must be correct, which means your vehicles path should be connected to the other nodes. If the vehicle path is made in a way the vehicle can't reach the parking spot (meaning is not connected to it, or it's connected to a point that will force the vehicle to take a way too long path), they will discard the vehicle path and take the taxiways.

Vehicles that starts at the parking, which are all the remaining ones, DO NOT follow the AFCAD, the go from their starting position on the parking directly to the airplane door, without using the AFCAD at all.

This should be plenty obvious: how they could possibly follow an AFCAD path, since the AFCAD doesn't know anything about their starting positions, just parking nodes (and they are ALREADY starting on a parking!), and their destination (the airplane door) is not fixed ??

So, as I've said, the only control you have over the path that "Vehicles that starts at the parking" take, is their starting position and their starting heading.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 10:29:52 am by virtuali »

MAC.perez

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 02:53:48 pm »
Thank for the answer.
My point view ;in real life not all airports have vehicles parking in the spot. some aiports locate this vehicles in parking zones
In the same manner how Catering, Follow Me and Fuel Truck go to the position, this vehicles could go to the airplane. I think so or i can say something how is impossible!

« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 04:35:44 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 04:42:15 pm »
My point view ;in real life not all airports have vehicles parking in the spot. some aiports locate this vehicles in parking zones

But that's not how GSX is made. Some vehicles starts at the parking, some comes from far away. They are separated as such, so they won't conflict one with each other, since they belong to different services that are made in sequence. So, it's only the deboarding vehicles (stairs+baggage) and the pushback truck that starts at the parking spot.

*Boarding* it's a bit different, the baggage Train IS coming from a different place, just like the catering, because it's supposed to bring baggage from boarding passengers FROM the Terminal and they DO follow vehicle paths in the AFCAD.

The *Deboarding* vehicles pop-up at the parking, because you are usually don't see them: you are supposed to ask for Deboarding as soon as you land.

MAC.perez

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 06:27:38 pm »
OK this is an excellent addon congratulations. on more question do you have any file with all  the vehicles imagens?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 07:21:28 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 07:23:28 pm »
OK this is an excellent addon congratulations. on more question do you have any file with all  the vehicles imagens?

No, sorry.