Author Topic: Strange bad resolution of airport's objects...  (Read 9119 times)

sim-sim

Strange bad resolution of airport's objects...
« on: October 28, 2012, 01:59:54 am »
Ciao Umberto!
I don't know when exactly, but I think after installing of new version of GSX, I see strange bad resolution of FSDT airport's objects (buildings, etc.)
Do you have any idea why?
Kind Regards,
Pavlo.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Strange bad resolution of airport's objects...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 06:46:20 pm »
Nothing in the GSX install could have changed that. If you are referring to KLAX, maybe you turned off the "Force HD Textures" parameter and forget about it, so the scenery is using 4x less resolution than it's supposed to.

sim-sim

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 07:14:19 pm »
I mean the airport of Zurich and Geneva, for example. KLAX I did not look after the reinstallation. Now I will try to add screenshots for accuracy...

sim-sim

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 08:36:33 pm »
There is a pic of what I'am saying before... Please, look at the jetways and walls textures...
I have checked KLAX... It seems like everything is ok. Maybe the problem is in the latest version of Zurich airport. I've downloaded it too...

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 10:33:41 pm »
If you were posting proper screen captures by pressing the V key instead of shooting pictures of your computer screen...   ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

sim-sim

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 06:31:20 pm »
Thanks for the tip. Here's a new screenshot. Maybe a resolution of textures associated with the program FSPS - XTREME? Or the problem still lies in the new version of the airport?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 10:07:50 pm »
Thanks for the tip. Here's a new screenshot. Maybe a resolution of textures associated with the program FSPS - XTREME? Or the problem still lies in the new version of the airport?

I can't see any problem in your screenshot. In any case, the things that could affect texture resolution are:

- the global maximum texture size slider in FSX, it should be set at maximum

- the Anisotropic filtering on the video card, it should be set to "Force" the setting (not controlled by the application) and at least 8x, or 16x if your video card is fast enough.

sim-sim

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 10:38:02 am »
Is the texture of the green jetways should be like this? I do remember that the color was darker and ribbed texture ... All the settings in FSX I have been exposed to the maximum position. Perhaps the reason is in the settings of Addon Mamader?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 11:00:04 am »
Is the texture of the green jetways should be like this? I do remember that the color was darker and ribbed texture ...

It's surely green but, it's not a simple material, it's a *metal* material, which means it hasn't a predefined dark/light color but, instead, it changes drastically depending on your viewing angle and the time of the day. Try different at hours, different viewing angles and different gates too.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 02:14:10 pm »
Also check your resolution within FSX, it defaults to a rather low setting.  Use the highest one available.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

sim-sim

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 05:26:48 pm »
Ok, I will show you again... First two screenshots are from Gate A49 in ZRH and others - from Chicago O'Hare B3, C16. Please, put your aircraft on these places and you will see what I am talking about... Is the wheels of jetways have a cubic shape? And wires and hoses for air? Look at the lights in front terminal in Chicago (the mast of bearing lantern). How is looking the and why some of them flying in the air? Again, the texture jetways...

sim-sim

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 05:29:58 pm »
And here is Chicago screens...
All this happened after installing the new versions of these two airports...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 06:15:41 pm »
Now, you are reporting something entirely different from your first message, which was about textures (yet they didn't had anything wrong), now you are discussing polygonal shapes, but I stil don't see anything wrong with your screenshots.

The wheels of jetways surely don't have have a cubic shape in your screenshot, you can't obviously expect being perfectly rounded, they are obviously made with as few as polygons as possible in order to save fps.

For everything that seems to be hanging in the air, as discussed many times already on the forum, it's never a problem of the scenery, but is caused by another scenery (AFCAD, usually) in conflict that set a different ground altitude. In this case, use the free FSX Airport Scanner program to find AFCAD duplicates for an airport.

sim-sim

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 06:40:05 pm »
Do you have the same texture resolution of green jetways in ZRH??? Please, check it well! I see the difference! Why don't you see this. I love your scenes and know it well in details, be sure... Put your aircraft on that position (like in my screens), please. And check it... Is it possible to download the oldest versions of these scene?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 07:21:30 pm »
Do you have the same texture resolution of green jetways in ZRH???

I don't see anything wrong regarding texture resolution in your screenshot. Why are you keep changing the subject ? It's the texture resolution, as you said initially, or it's the polygons and/or the flying objects, as you said in an subsequent post ?

Is it possible to download the oldest versions of these scene?

Nothing has changed in these textures between different versions.