Author Topic: Performance problems  (Read 11860 times)

ingoke

Performance problems
« on: November 04, 2007, 11:08:30 am »
Hi,

I like the scenery visually very much, but when coming close to the airport framerates drop dramatically. A smooth approach is not possible. As far as I´ve read in threads about LSZH other users have noticed the same problem. Other airports of yours I´ve bought so far also effect framerates much more than others.

I hope there´s a solution because I really think that you did a great job on the textures. LSZH is a wonderful destination!

Ingo Kerber

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
Re: Performance problems
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 11:20:21 am »
A smooth approach is not possible. As far as I´ve read in threads about LSZH other users have noticed the same problem. Other airports of yours I´ve bought so far also effect framerates much more than others.

Very strange this is the first post about perfomance problem on FS9, on my PC (ati 1900 amd 4200) i have 45 fps on final with UT traffic at 100%, please post your configuration and other addon in use.

Regards.

ingoke

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 11:36:24 am »
Hi,

thanks for your quick reply on a Sunday morning :)! I´ve also noticed, that no one else has reported about a framerate drop in this forum. My specs are the following:

P 3,2
2 gig ram
250mb Radeon X800
with windows xp sp 2 and fs 9.1

Addons in the area:
MyWorld Complete
UT Europe
GE pro
ActiveSky 6.5
No AI, flight took place on the IVAO network.

I notice that the textures load quite slow. I use O&O Defrag V 10.0 to keep my harddisk in shape.

I guess I´ll have to do some more testing. I´ll keep you updated.

By the way: I know that my Videocard is quite old, but it works perfectly with other, even larger sceneries like EGLL.

Ingo Kerber

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 01:16:17 pm »
I think your problem might be the videocard memory. You might try lowering the "Texture Size" global switch down one notch (it will force max texture size to 512x512). If you see a noticeable improvement, then it's surely a VRAM problem. In this case, upgrading the videocard to 512MB will surely help a lot.

skwaL

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 03:17:55 pm »
HOw well will it run on P4 2.5Ghz , 2G ram and ATI 9800pro    with probably 2x AA turned on?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 03:20:12 pm »
The easiest thing to do is to try it yourself: that's why we have the Demo for...

Sascha7976

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 08:42:18 pm »
Hi,
i have the same Problem.I Buy Zurich for FS9 when it comes out.The Frames were 20.I have 20 Hold.
But now I have the Geforce 9600GT with 1GB,but my Frames are 10-14.I have the Terrain Deactivated,but the Problem is not better.
Anybody can Help?

Regards Sascha

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 07:54:40 am »
This is strange: you had 20 fps at Zurich with your previous video card, now you upgraded to a 1GB card, and fps went down to 10-14 ?

In your case it looks more like a driver problem. Are you sure you are using the same FS complexity settings as before ?

On FS9, fps like that are really not normal, and not how the scenery should run. I have much better fps (from 25-30) in FSX! The only thing that might be able to slow down FS9 so much is either an AI traffic package with unoptimized models and too much traffic,  another scenery in the area that creates problem, or an airplane with fps-eating gauges.

Try to diagnose one thing at a time: check your fps with default C172, and no traffic. Then progressively add traffic density, then use your favorite airplane, and see how fps changes.

For AI, I suggest World of AI, which is both freeware and very fps friendly.

Sascha7976

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 11:13:08 am »
Hi,
i dont now what the Problem is.The settings are the same as befor the Card is change.And when I Fly,it is only Online without any AI.I will take a look.
But thanks for your Help.

Regards Sascha