Author Topic: vox atc sqwuak setting in sludge hornet  (Read 6134 times)

sleightflight

vox atc sqwuak setting in sludge hornet
« on: October 15, 2012, 10:53:56 pm »
Hi everyone , I am getting really frustrated trying to change the aircraft squawk setting whilst using vox atc , the manual says to speak the squawk setting then press i , but I am constantly being told to reset the squawk setting to the the one I thought I had just done , its obviously isn't changing , does any one have any idea how to change the squawk in the sludge hornet whilst using box atc , I've figured out using the fsx f18 manual on here ,how to use the radio & navigation sweet & I'm really starting to enjoy flying using all the instruments on board , its just the squawk thing now , thanks for any reply.

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Re: vox atc sqwuak setting in sludge hornet
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 06:40:02 am »
SF...

Right now, I cant really give you an answer or a complete fix(ed) panel.cfg file. From what I've read (limited due to time constraints), VOX ATC requires some mods to the panel.cfg file, so that it can operate some of the systems. However, right now, I don't know how this is done (ie, DLL file) so I can't really solve the problem.

I can't promise anything in the short term as I've been really busy trying to get all my mods in working order and getting a new installer done. If I get some time, I'll try to look at it. In the meantime, why not give the default Hornet a try and let me know the results. That way, when I do get a few free modding minutes, I can dig into this a bit.

Later
Sludge

sleightflight

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 02:05:16 pm »
Ok , thanks ever so much , I will have a go with the default f18 although next to the sludge I really prefer flying the sludge , I take it there is no way to manually change the transponder in the cockpit then or have I missed something? Thanks again , Paul.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 06:57:37 am »
There is a way to manually change the transponder code in the cockpit through use of the Up Front Control Panel.  Below the number pad, press the "IFF" button, enter in the 4-digit code, and press the "ENT" button.  The link below also mentions how to change it:

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Hope this helps.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

sleightflight

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 05:25:49 pm »
Ok cool , thanks. That maybe all I need to do , hopefully.

sleightflight

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 05:34:52 pm »
Thanks for the YouTube link, I have just watched it & it is so clear & concise its the best video I have watched on this subject & is now added to my favorites.thanks.

sleightflight

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 09:34:42 pm »
Superb , entering the squawk frequency in the iff mode is what was required , no more nagging atc. ;D