Author Topic: Any support for conversion to X-Plane?  (Read 6883 times)

lefiesh

Any support for conversion to X-Plane?
« on: November 12, 2008, 09:06:28 pm »
Hi
I bought LSZH some time ago and I'm very happy with it running in FSX. Now, I tried to convert the scenerey to X-Plane using «FS2XPlane» by marginal. However, due to the copy-protection, obviously, it only converts as far as the 'time's up'-state goes in the demo, meaning: no buildings at all.
Will there be any support for X-plane in the future whatsoever? Even if I would have to buy it again :)

Thx&Regards
sam

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Any support for conversion to X-Plane?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 09:08:56 pm »
Sorry, there are no plans to officially support X-Plane in the foreseeable future.

lefiesh

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 10:27:21 pm »
OK, thx anyways

walty

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 09:46:58 am »
Ia still no activitiy for conversion (GSX?) to X-Plane 10 ??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 12:35:03 pm »
Ia still no activitiy for conversion (GSX?) to X-Plane 10 ??

X-Plane still lacks the capabilities we would need to do something like GSX, for example it lacks support for vertex skinned animations controlled by multiple bones with variable weight, which is crucial to create human animations, and GSX without humans won't be the same. And, since GSX makes heavy use of FSX Simconnect, a conversion to X-Plane, even if it was possible, would be very complex, almost like writing a brand new GSX, so we'd rather spend our time doing that for FSX/P3D, than converting the existing one for X-Plane.

As I've said on another forum, X-Plane it's a "Plan C" option for us. IF the FSX market wouldn't be viable anymore (it will take years, since it's just now that the FS9 market has stopped to be viable for us), we still have the P3D alternative, that is already out and working with all our products, and there's the upcoming 2.0 version with DX11 support that we hope will move more users towards it.

IF and when both those options would fail, we might start looking around for alternatives, maybe by that time X-Plane might have improved enough to fill the gap from features it still lacks compared to FSX/P3D.