Author Topic: Registering FlightBeam Studios KPHX with Addon Manager within Prepar3D  (Read 5584 times)

Highiron

Hi Umberto,

I've run into a problem where I have been unable to register the FlightBeam Studios KPHX within the Addon Manager using Prepar3D exclusively.

I am able to navigate to the product, which it states it's in trial mode. When I select the "Register Serial" option, the Addon Manager simply closes and I'm back to the simulation window. I also tried using the "Reinstall" option, which I followed though some prompts if I have a receipt and would like to enter in the serial code and again, the process closes back to the main sim window.

I removed and re-installed the KPHX product and ensured I downloaded and installed the latest Addon Manager, and even ran the "update" function within the simulation. I have anti virus disabled and ensured the FSX to Prepar3D migrator tool is also disabled. I no longer have FSX installed.

Since it is unclear who's domain this problem falls under, I also posted the same question within the FlightBeam Studios support forum.
Cheers,
Cpt. Thad Wheeler

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Registering FlightBeam Studios KPHX with Addon Manager within Prepar3D
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 02:50:28 pm »
Make sure you're in windowed mode, and not full screen.   ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 10:12:30 pm »
I believe the Addon Manager will prompt you to switch to Windowed mode anyway, if you already aren't.

I can't reproduce what you are describing. Are you sure the dialog disappears as soon as you press the "Register Serial" and not, instead, after you typed it and inserted it ? Because, if the sim goes back to flying without any message, after you insert the Serial Number, it simply means you either entered it entirely wrong or, you entered it correctly, but for the wrong product.

The Reinstall (which, as explained on the install guide, it's really called "Server-assisted Reinstall" but that didn't really fit into the button...), only works if you purchased using the integrated purchase procedure, not if you purchased from the web page.

If you purchased from the web page, the one and only option is to use the "Register Serial" feature.

If the problem is not happening after inserting the Serial number, then it must be other software interfering. If you use the FSX to Prepar3D Migration Tool, be sure you follow the instructions in this thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7237.0

Highiron

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 03:29:47 am »
Hi Umberto,

I believe the Addon Manager will prompt you to switch to Windowed mode anyway, if you already aren't.

Correct on the first point. It will prompt you to enter Windowed mode before it will even pull up the Addon Manager menu.

I can't reproduce what you are describing. Are you sure the dialog disappears as soon as you press the "Register Serial" and not, instead, after you typed it and inserted it ?

That is exactly what was happening. I never even got the pop-up window to enter the serial number, it would just kick back to the sim. After seemingly exhausting all avenues, it turns out the problem was occurring when the REX Esssentials weather engine was running. I started Prepar3D using the normal .exe and not through REX, which I was doing, and then I was able to enter in the serial number for the product. I then restarted Prepar3D because it was still in trial mode (missing buildings), and everything was fine. So it would seem with Prepar3D at least, when regeristering serial numbers through the Addon Manager to ensure that Prepar3D has not been started with REX Essentials

Thanks for the reply.
Cheers,
Cpt. Thad Wheeler

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 11:42:12 am »
I see, the issue is probably related to the fact that REX program is stealing the focus of the main window so, it's not the dialog wasn't there, but it might have been behind the main window. Have you noticed this only with P3D ? Or, does REX creates the same problem with FSX too ?

Highiron

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 01:22:27 am »
Interesting point about REX stealing the focus. Since its window sits open all the time behind Prepar3D, I never thought about right clicking its tab and minimizing it.

As for whether the problem occurrs in FSX, I can no longer tell. I gave that bad boy a spanking and set it on its merry way after P3D v1.4 was released. It likely won't go home and tell its parents...
Cheers,
Cpt. Thad Wheeler