Author Topic: Pushback Suggestion  (Read 14931 times)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Pushback Suggestion
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 10:13:51 pm »
If we have different versions, its you who's outdated.  I've got the latest release.   :D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

KingCat

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 11:31:20 pm »
If you have the latest version, you clearly don't know the difference between left and right.  ;D Left is where your thumb is on the right and right is where your thumb is on the left, right?

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, 01:06:45 am »
All I know is I selected push left and my nose went right, which I believe is the correct way.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

hopskip

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 06:13:27 am »
I reccon the menu could be improved with the addition of a single word. "Tail". aka "Tail Left or Tail Right".

There's been a couple of times when I'v double reverse logic'ed myself on vatsim where I go "Now I must remember that I need to select "Left" to face Right" then get ATC instructions based on tail position.

At which point I think to myself "I have to do the opposite of what I'd normally intuitivley think". But I operate the GSX Manual opposite to what I'd normally intuitivley think too... so I end up reversing my reversal and pushing back the wrong way :P

Is there any way to manually edit this by any chance? Having the word "Tail" there would assist me at least (I know the Left/Right isn't referring to Nose direction, but sometimes I forget.)  ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 11:00:32 am »
Is there any way to manually edit this by any chance? Having the word "Tail" there would assist me at least (I know the Left/Right isn't referring to Nose direction, but sometimes I forget.) 

You can't edit it, but we can fix it very easily, just wait a bit, because we are in the middle of a large update now (the new interactive Airplane Editor, which is going to be very nice), and we can't publish a small update right now, risking breaking something else.

KingCat

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2012, 01:21:37 pm »
I think that would be an acceptable compromise. I sincerely hope that you will at least include the words "nose left" and "nose right" alongside the "tail" words in the menu label.

Jon

StevenK

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2012, 01:47:50 pm »
the way i remember is

"Left"
I will end up to the left of the current position

"Right"
I will end up right of the current position
Steven Kiberton
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 3.3Ghz | Coolermaster Hyper TX3 | ASUS Motherboard M5A 78L-M | 16GB DDR3 RAM | EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1gb PCI Express DDR3 DVI HDMI | 750w Corsair AX750 | 1TB HDD + 120GB SSD | x2 - 20" WideScreen Monitors

bobbyjoh

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2012, 06:36:14 pm »
I really feel the pain of all this confusion but in the real world GSX has it CORRECT.  GSX responds to the PIC push back direction.  My United Airlines at friend who is a ground lead at ORD, explained it to me.  GSX responds from the "grounds" standpoint, do you want to face left for the pushback for him, that's right to the pilot.  The problem here is that we all operate as the PIC in the cockpit, when pushing back, therefore we get all confused.  I for one have my taxi paths determined on my flight plan, when I know i want to have my nose pointed left at the end of pushback, I make a note on the plan that means right. ???

Sounds silly but when a problem comes up as many times as this one, it seems that Umberto and team should make a menu notation, NOSE DIRECTION at end of pushback.  I know to the GSX development team they are absolutely correct the way it is now, BUT us cockpit drivers don't understand.  Now if you really wanted to make this difficult, my United friend told me the what the real world words are during pushback is "tail north, south etc"

As I said earlier in my suggestion that the menu just be changed to the direction that the cockpit driver want's his nose pointing at the end of pushback..

Bob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2012, 07:12:46 pm »
I've already changed the labels in our internal version, which will be pushed with the next update, as follows:

1 - LEFT - (Tail Left - Nose Right)
2 - RIGHT - (Tail Right - Nose Left)

bobbyjoh

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 07:08:55 pm »
That's great Umberto should solve all this confusion.  You lead a GREAT team and a GREAT product.

Bob

pete_auau

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 12:28:29 pm »
Gsx  works  on every   fsx  airports  where  as  aes  you need  to purchase   at each  airport

Crashdive

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2012, 04:42:38 pm »
Gsx  works  on every   fsx  airports  where  as  aes  you need  to purchase   at each  airport

... you don't say! :o And this has what to do with pushback directions? ???