Author Topic: Bag Types  (Read 14473 times)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Bag Types
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 10:07:29 pm »
Black and brown would have no contrast going up or down the loader, you couldn't tell them apart.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

KingCat

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 11:47:05 pm »
I think the color of the bags is fine as it is right now. Black and brown also does not have my preference. If they do get changed, I would have to change them back manually by adjusting the textures. Or make it an option so people can choose what they want.

Jon

D_mitris

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, 03:10:37 am »
Black and brown would have no contrast going up or down the loader, you couldn't tell them apart.

Yes, but if we went with a tan/gray combo it would still have contrast and look decent at night also.   Just throwing some ideas out there for discussion.

hopskip

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 06:04:26 am »
I personally travel with a bright orange suitcase in real life. When I saw all the red suitcases in GSX it made me smile cos they looked just slighty off colour compared to my suitcase and I could easily imagine mine amongst them. :P

777captain

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 09:15:02 am »
Maybe a solution would be to have a "bank" of bags like duffel, some boxes, strollers etc. and then have the engine randomly pick some? So like what they do with the caterers or servicemen? I don't know if it's possible, but just a thought.

Also, Bruce, I think your age is probably getting to you  :D I think we'd be able to see the brown bags on the loader.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2012, 10:53:30 am »
Maybe a solution would be to have a "bank" of bags like duffel, some boxes, strollers etc. and then have the engine randomly pick some? So like what they do with the caterers or servicemen? I don't know if it's possible, but just a thought.

If it was that easy, we would have already done it, long ago...the issue is, the baggage animation is very tricky and complex, and is tied to the man handling it, and is also synchronized with the baggage train, since a bag start its life as hierarchically linked to the conveyor belt bone, then it's passed in the hands of the man that picks it up, then it's passed to the wagon.

In fact, with the container pallets, we made it more flexible, but it was easier, since nobody has to touch the pallet, so it can be a separate objects that can move on its own, and thus having multiple liveries easily.

As I've said, we might have two different colors fairly easily, but not many variations at the same time.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2012, 02:16:29 pm »
I think we'd be able to see the brown bags on the loader.

I didn't say you wouldn't see them, I said there would be no contrast between them, so under certain lighting conditions, they'd all appear the same color.  I think your age is getting to you, might need your eyes examined.  ;) :D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

777captain

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 02:06:52 pm »
I think we'd be able to see the brown bags on the loader.

I didn't say you wouldn't see them, I said there would be no contrast between them, so under certain lighting conditions, they'd all appear the same color.  I think your age is getting to you, might need your eyes examined.  ;) :D

Got them examined for my PPL and they were 20/20  ;). Is that really you in your profile pic? If so, you are one of the most tech-savvy oldtimers I have ever seen! Bravo  :D

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 02:18:56 pm »
20/20, eh?  Is that with or without your glasses?  ;D  Yes, that picture is really me, and my oldtimer tech savvy comes from a two year college, with an associates degree in computer science.   ;)

Crashdive

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2012, 04:47:29 pm »
20/20, eh?  Is that with or without your glasses?  ;D  Yes, that picture is really me, and my oldtimer tech savvy comes from a two year college, with an associates degree in computer science.   ;)

Way to go, Bruce!  8)

777captain

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2012, 07:08:50 am »

Without  ;)  That's great about your college! Glad to know that there are people your age who are great with technology.