Author Topic: GSX HELP ** SOLVED **  (Read 17381 times)

magpilot

GSX HELP ** SOLVED **
« on: July 13, 2012, 08:48:11 pm »
Hello everyone I need some help. I have installed the gsx trial into my fsx, but when I press Ctrl F12 gsx does not open. Also when I open the addons menu in the fsx menu bar there is no option for gsx, addons manager, or couatl. PLEASE PLEASE HELP.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 08:52:03 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX HELP
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 09:51:35 pm »
You don't have ANY menu ? Not the Addon Manger or Couatl ?

Try this:

- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

If you don't want to do all of this, switch to a more reliable antivirus product, one that doesn't mistakenly detect our products as threats, for example the free MS Security Essentials, which works right away without doing any special configuration.

magpilot

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 01:03:07 am »
Hello again, I have tried all of that and it still doesn't work. I also have checked internet explorer to make sure that virtuali s.a.s. isn't in the trusted or untrusted programs. PLEASE HELP.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 03:20:31 pm »
I'm replying to you via email already, and we already have several email exchange so, why are you repeating the same question on the forum ? It will only double our support effort without any additional advantage for you.

Please, decide if you intend to continue to get support via email or on the forum, but NOT BOTH.

magpilot

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 04:10:52 pm »
I am sorry I thought other people other than you could help. I understand. But back to the problem I still do not have any gsx or couatl under addons, and when I press ctrl f12 gsx does not open. It says gsx is installed but it doesn't work. I have done everything you have said to do twice and it still doesn't work.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 04:59:00 pm »
After you install GSX and run FSX, you should see a dialog box stating that FSX is trying to run a program, you need to answer yes to that.  Next, you'll see a dialog box asking you to trust that program, you need to answer yes to that as well.  You should see two of each dialog box, one set for the addon manager and one set for Couatl.  If you said no to any of those four dialog boxes, you need to follow Umberto's instructions for uninstalling GSX and the addon manager and start over.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

magpilot

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 05:22:32 pm »
I have uninstalled gsx and reinstalled it and I don't get that dioulauge box

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 05:30:44 pm »
You can try to activate the Simconnect diagnostic mode to see what's wrong with your system:

Open notepad, and copy the following text:

Code: [Select]
[SimConnect]
level=normal
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic message, that should tell what's going wrong. Let me know what you are getting, so we can have an idea what's happening.

Only the first few lines are important: if the window scrolls too fast, you can use the "Pause" key on the keyboard to pause the scrolling. Post here only the first 10 lines or so of the diagnostic, but it's important you post the first 10 lines.

magpilot

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 08:31:16 pm »
Ok this is what I got. It's a little more than 10 lines but I think it will help you.

0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61259.0

0.35082 DLL Loaded:  Path="FsPassengers\bin\fspassengersx.dll"  Version="1.0.0.0
"
0.35146 File not found: Path="FSCaptain\bin\FSCaptain.dll"
0.35173 File not found: Path="Captain_sim\captain_sim.b757.menu.dll"
1.96972 DLL Loaded:  Path="Modules\FSUIPC4.dll"  Version="4.8.2.7"
> 7.20177 [ 0, 1]Open: Version=0x00000004  Name="FSUIPC4"
> 7.20241 [ 0, 2]AddToDataDefinition:DefineID=-558899537, DatumName="IS USER SIM
", UnitsName="Bool", DatumType=1, fEpsilon=0.000000, DatumID=0
> 7.27809 [ 0, 3]SubscribeToSystemEvent:EventID=5, SystemEventName="SimStart"
> 7.27845 [ 0, 4]SubscribeToSystemEvent:EventID=6, SystemEventName="SimStop"
> 7.27863 [ 0, 5]SubscribeToSystemEvent:EventID=7, SystemEventName="Sim"
> 7.27890 [ 0, 6]SubscribeToSystemEvent:EventID=2, SystemEventName="Frame"
> 7.27909 [ 0, 7]SubscribeToSystemEvent:EventID=27, SystemEventName="PauseFrame"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 09:22:12 pm »
The log shows the modules are not even trying to start so, this safely discount any problems with them, since none of their code is executing.

If the modules are prevented from even trying to start, it can only caused by one of the following:

- The antivirus blocking them. See above how to configure the antivirus

- You haven't trusted the modules, so FSX doesn't try to start them anymore. To reset the question, you should have followed THIS step:

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- You put Virtuali in the Untrusted publishers. See above how to check for this.

magpilot

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 10:38:09 pm »
I have checked and double checked to see if it was under the untrusted publishers and I don't even see it there., I have uninstalled and installed with the antivirus off and excluded those files from the antivirus and still nothing. I am still not prompted with the dialog box about gsx.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 11:37:39 am »
I'm sorry but, your log clearly show FSX is not even trying to start the modules, this means only something *external* to it is blocking them, and this could be only the trust system, or an antivirus. Could be also an anti-spyware: some user were "sure" to have checked the antivirus, but never thought about the anti-spyware.

Check the files ARE where they are supposed to be:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

If one or both are missing, then it's SURE it's an antivirus fault, because it might have removed them.

And, since you have other errors in your log (two modules are not starting because they are not found), check if you maybe have an error in your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\DLL.XML file or %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\EXE.XML. To check if you have an error in these files, try to open them with Internet Explorer, it will verify if there are any error in them.

magpilot

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2012, 05:38:19 pm »
OK I opened up the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\DLL.XML file in internet explorer and this is what i got, I don't know how to spot an error.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>
-<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch">
 <Descr>Launch</Descr>
 <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
-<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
 <Disabled>True</Disabled>
 <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
 <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
-<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSCaptain</Name>
<Path>FSCaptain\bin\FSCaptain.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
-<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
-<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Captain Sim Menu</Name>
<Path>Captain_sim\captain_sim.b757.menu.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
-<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
-<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 06:09:11 pm »
Don't copy/paste from IE to the forum, because the whole file is not displayed.

If IE hasn't told you there's an error, it means there's no error. However, since you copied&pasted to the forum and some lines are collapsed, I can't say if the problem is there are no Addon Manager lines, or they are not visible just because you copied&pasted in the forum from IE.

ZIP BOTH the DLL.XML and the EXE.XML and Attach the .ZIP file to a message, so it will not be altered in any way.

magpilot

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 06:32:19 pm »
ok here is the file. Also, my appoligies, but there was an error on the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\EXE.XML. It said it could not find it. But I have attached the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\DLL.XML file